PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
The late night radio host of Coast to Coast A.M. has passed away at home at the age of 72.
His show focused on the paranormal and conspiricies. Whether you believed what the guest was espousing or not the show was usually amusing. Doubly so if Art was subtly poking fun at his guest, and the guest didn’t get it.
Art was the favorite background radio of choice of our local group of amateur astronomers. Nothing like creepy stories in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
As someone who has problems sleeping, listened to a lot of his shows over the years...

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
I worked in radio back in my college days and Art was sort of a hero to us radio folk. And when I was active in HAM radio I always hope to make a contact with him but sadly never did. I really l really liked his show although as a natural skeptic I took most of his show with a grain of salt.

Rest In Peace Mr Bell and "73".

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in YEARS. He was on after the local talent had signed off for the day. Lots of tales of alien lifeforms and time travel. You get desperate for something to listen to after midnight. These days, I'd head to a podcast instead.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I always enjoyed listening to Art Bell. His replacement, George Nori (SP?) was okay, but Art's voice and cadence were always a pleasure to listen to, for me.

Fun show.

R.I.P.

Jan 8, 2013
I used to listen to a lot of Coast 2 Coast AM. Great show. And Art Bell will be missed. George Noory has been hosting the show for many years now and does a great job as well. I heard the news broke about an hour into the show the other day. I imagine it was a sad night for George Noory.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I worked overnight in a bakery 20 years ago. Our night would start with Alex Jones, then Ton Leykis and then go in to Art Bell.
We were a mess...
RIP!
jay-roger.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
RIP Art. Thanks for all of those years of interesting and entertaining radio. Somehow I'm not surprised you picked Friday the 13th to die on.

Status
Not open for further replies.