PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I have been going to them for over 30 years. Went in today to see if they had any hidden goodies in the back room. Was looking at some pipes an the clerk asked if I was interested in a nice pipe rack. I said always. He told me if I bought any pipe I could have this free.

AY6zA7M.jpg

Needless to say it followed me home.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Fantastic! I've been threatening to build a pipe mounting system like that for years. The trouble has been in finding soft clips that are sized for pipe shanks and stems. Maybe the clips used for fishing rods would work. I dunno. Nice find! ...and thanks for re-igniting my interest.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I go to Riegels once or twice a year as I'm not in Fort Wayne very often. I hope they aren't closing out their pipes or worse yet closing their doors?

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
No they are as strong as ever. I Always try to go there when the dad is working. He's great.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Back in the early 1990s I visited Riegels while traveling on business, and purchased from them my first Savinelli pipe (a three-quarter-bent Oscar Dry with pot bowl which to this good day still makes Prince Albert sing). The store was delightful, and the gentleman who waited upon me was both knowledgeable and helpful.
"Went in today to see if they had any hidden goodies in the back room..."
Ah, this is my dream scenario, searching the dusty shelves and finding an overlooked Barling, Sasieni, or Dunhill, or a tin of some long-gone favorite tobacco!

Status
Not open for further replies.