PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I've been looking at Rick Black Pipes on Ebay and he has some pretty nice looking shapes from what i have seen. They are also very reasonably priced and look well made. There is not a whole lot of information on him when i googled and very few reviews of his pipes. Anyone have any experience with any of his pipes or know anyone who does? Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a couple as most of them are BIN, which is how i buy most of the time on the bay, but want to see if i can find a little more info on him and his pipes.
Input is much appreciated and thanks in advance y'all!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
He is mostly a Facebook and YouTube user, as far as I know. I have heard both good and bad, as would be expected about any (new) carver. You might look at his FB group "Rick Black Pipes". His real name is Rick Kopf, by the way, and he;s based out of NM.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Thanks for the reply Greg and sorry it took so long to reply, I was out of town all weekend. I checked it out and will be the proud new owner of a"leprechaun" poker by him. Got it from ebay at a great price and should be here on Thursday. Hope it smokes as good as it looks!
Also got a steal on an Elliot nachwalter briar works danish design as well. I'm stoked to say the least!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I have a couple of his pokers. They are not bad smokers, though some of the finish work is kind of sloppy. I have watched his pipes improve a lot over the past few months. I might try for a more classic shape of his once his learning curve levels out.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
My Rick Black Poker was delivered to the house last week, unfortunately all I have are pictures the wife took for me before she taped the box back up so I can re open it upon my return to the states. Needless to say I am pumped to give it a smoke, I may dedicate it to a certain blend but not sure as to which one yet any suggestions?

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Rick is a good dude, He stands behind his pipes. I have heard mostly great things about them. Like any new carver there is a learning curve and he is is getting better with each new pipe.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I have a RB poker, just a month old and it has been a great smoker right from the start. I have dedicated mine to FM blends. If you are on the fence, don't be. Rick is a solid guy and he sent a couple of bonus items with the pipe. Well worth the price and I will purchase another down the road.
RD

Status
Not open for further replies.