Rick Black Pad Attack

(6 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by lifesizehobbit
  • Latest reply from cigrmaster
  1. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So recently I was reading a thread where someone mentioned Rick Black pipes. Having the natural curiosity of a pipe hound, I had to check out his work. I discovered that I liked the masculine features of Rick's pipes, the dimensions and his interpretations of standard shapes. Within about 48 hours, I pulled the trigger and ordered a Morta, thick Rhodesian with skull embedded band and a blue stem. It got here yesterday and I'm attempting to upload my own pics of the pipe.

Hmmm. I guess I need to do a little more homework; it appears this particular forum software doesn't like a Google Pics link. Or I'm just really bad at this...Option B most likely.

Dave "Black Frigate Stowaway"
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Though I don't own one, I hear great things. His mortas are some beautiful pieces. Glad I'm not the only one that got bit by the pipe bug this week.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My 1st New Briar Pipe was from Rick in July 2014. He makes wonderful smokers.

Unsmoked

After 1 Year

Cheers,
    Chris

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ok - trying this Pic thing again - this time from Photobucket..SUCCESS!

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad I'm not the only one that got bit by the pipe bug this week.

Heh...the worst news for me is that I'm going to the St. Louis Pipe Show. My wife is going with me, so there's an outside chance I'll come back with enough money to pay bills.

Chris - NICE. I really love his designs and he's more affordable that I would have thought.

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Life, great looking pipe. The stem and silver work are very cool. I hope it smokes great for you, congrats on a fine addition to your collection.

Harris
    Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   willyspiper, ben88, cossackjack, pappymac, pipestud, pitchfork, prndl