PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
This year turned out to be not much more than a tobacco run for me. While there were some old Pete's there, the people that had them knew what they had. I didn't see a bargin one.

I did pick up 4 pipes though. The first is a Willmer Lightweight. This is a small pipe, about a grp 1. It should be perfect for that last pipe of the evening with those high nicotine ropes I like.

DSC_0262_edited-1.jpg

I had a Danish Astley to trade and found 3 of these on a table. They were made for the 2007 Chicago Pipe show. Evidently the man didn't have a contract with them and they bought Stanwell's, leaving him with 200 pipes. He had three left and I traded him. This pipe is typical of the lot. It was made in Greece and is labeled Amadeaus. There isn't a fill or pit on any of them.

DSC_0263_edited-1.jpg

They are about grp 4+ sized pipes. I smoked one on the way home and it smoked very well. The only modification I'll make is to funnel the inlet in the stem to smooth the air flow.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice pick ups Chuck!
Like Kevin said; it was great meeting with you and talking. Even though you didn't like my, as you call it, Dunghill. LMAO!
I really like the green Peterson that you showed us.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Those are awesome, chuck!
Out of curiosity, how do you "funnel the inlet"? Do you use drill bits of various widths or do you have a tapered bit?
-Jason

colonelmcmuf

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2010
glad you found something to your liking. It's a shame we didn't catch each other. maybe next year.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Lordnoble, I have a tapered reamer that I sometimes use but this time it was a small tapered grindstone and my Dremel. I've found it gives better control than the reamer. It took me about 5 or 6 minutes to do the three pipes.

Should you decide to try it, turn the Dremel all the way up and go slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.