PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbb01

Lurker
Oct 24, 2012
St. Paul, MN
I was thrilled to recently snag this Rich Lewis Armadillo on eBay, and add it to my two other Rich Lewis pipes along with one of his son George's pipes. I also have the luxury of working in downtown Minneapolis so I can visit his shop "Lewis Pipe & Tobacco" in person. In addition to being one of his unique finishes, it is a great smoking pipe, as are all the Lewis pipes in my collection.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
That is a fantastic looking blast and it sits so well on that shape, congratulations.

webbb01

Lurker
Oct 24, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Rich Lewis hand carves and rusticates his Armadillo's, and does an excellent job with the staining and finishing IMO. He also hand cut the military bit. His drilling is spot on and it passes a pipe cleaner perfectly.

Reactions: Ted Vig

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Rich doesn't get much play on the pipe boards but he is a very well known and very respected among collectors. I don't get to his shop much anymore (technically no smoking) but I spent many happy hours puffing with him and Kevin in the last shop in the NSP building. 8O

webbb01

Lurker
Oct 24, 2012
St. Paul, MN
It smokes great and is one of my best smoking pipes, same as my other Lewis pipes. Rich also makes an excellent billiard, and I am lucky to have one of those as well... (Christmas gift from my wife) :)

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
One of the most underrated American carvers and one amazing smoking pipe!

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Congrats web on your beautiful smokers! I myself am new to pipe. 3 weeks in and I love it! I live in the SE metro and have visited Perfect Ash which is my favorite thus far for bacci and The Golden Leaf in St. Paul which has a good bacci selection and a good array of estates for a beginner like me. I look forward to visiting Rich Lewis soon.
I've purchased a new Dr.G Freehand ( my favorite), an MM cob Diplomat and most recently an estate Kaywoodie Bulldog,respectively. I'll likely get my hands on a Lewis come tax refund time for sure.
Best smoke, Donavan

Status
Not open for further replies.