PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

costa226

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
ive been smoking 4 years or so, and this hobby has really begun to get into a more serious phase. One thing about myself is that I love variety more then anything in life, ill always smoke all types of tobacco, yes maybe some more then others, but it keeps it interesting. ive tried around 30 different tobaccos. im starting to hone down on what I like, but im still wanting to expand.
I need your help reviewing and revising my next order... what im looking for is tobacco of All types, different takes on those tobacco's. ive sought out the higher quality and more popular stuff so far. Im really not sure if ive covered all the bases. i havent looked into all of the specifics of what the contents are, as im still unsure.
If there is anything in this list you feel i could do without, a substitute, something that is missing, something to add more variety, please let me know. the emphasis is on quality, while I try to learn the different kinds of tobacco within the different brands.
-squadren leader

-dunhill nightcap

-wessex burley

-rattray marlin flake

-solani silver flake

-boswells northwoods

-devils holiday

-plumcake

-hobbits weed

-black magic woman + shortcut to mushrooms

-mclelands blackwoods

-mcelland christmas cheer
so far, ive already bought the following, these are staples for me now

-mississippi river

-hh old dark fired

-full virginia flake

-blue mountain
^Love these
also tried some boseweel aromatics that i found tasted like hot air, no good, although ill most likely re order some no bite delite, or some chocolate flavor
ive had in the past HH trout stout, larrys blend, aniversary cake, grandmas kitchen... the sampler i bought when i first started smoking.. diddnt like any of them but may need to re visit.
frog mortons are ok, ive tried on the bayou and cellar.
Thats about it! Please recommend some tobacco to fill the gaps, remove, or try, im looking for possible keepers, or something just to take me for the occasional spin! THANK YOU!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I would add anything by G.L. Pease. Particularly Sixpence and Cairo. Try McClelland's Yenidje Highlander and C&D's Black Frigate as well.

costa226

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
ok

-i will add the navy de luxe. was thinking about that one.

-also will add a nat sherman english like the 536

-ill check out the GL pease line

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Hi, costa226, you could try Sutliff's Molto Dolce for an aro, and some Orlik Golden Slice for a VaPer.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Sam Gawith makes a chocolate flake since you're looking for choco. Gawith Hoggarth also makes Bob's chocolate flake. I haven't compared the two so I don't know which is best. You should get both and decide for yourself!

costa226

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
-i will re try orlik golden slice... for some reason i feel i dont like VaPer's, but i will give them another shot.

-yea i really want to find a good chocolate tobacco. i will take a look at all of the options, so far what ive tried diddnt do it for me, but ill read up on some reviews.
I think thats a pretty good list so far. Mostly the big name popular/best quality stuff, but no better way to educate the taste buds.

costa226

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
-let me take that back.. instead of re trying orlik im going to do dunhill elizabthan mixture. good reviews, similar, but a little more mild, and maybe less sweet. Also an easier cut to work with. i diddnt care for orlik hugely... maybe someday ill get back to it

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Costa226, I do not mean to be too much of a curmudgeon here, but the lack of capitalization and the general inattention to grammar in your posts make me feel that I should not expend my own energy to offer suggestions. Still, I would recommend Samuel Gawith Black XX Rope as a nice tobacco to increase the variety of your samplings.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
There are some good suggestions in there

I would suggest

- PS Luxary Twist

- Fribourg & Treyer Special Brown Flake

- Saloni 633

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013