Tags:   

Review: Sutliff Private Stock Spinnaker

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Blend Name: Sutliff Private Stock Spinnaker

Description on Tin: Burley & Black Cavendish with a Delightful Mixture of Sweet and Tart

Leaf: Black Cavendish, Burley

Appearance: Coarse ribbon cut. Even mix of dark and light tobaccos.

Tin Aroma: Gummy bears. Candy sweetness. Cherry cordials and strawberry cough syrup. A hint of grape. Tootsie rolls (artificial chocolate). Very strong artificial cherry sweetness.

Taste: Cherry cordials, twizzlers, jolly ranchers- cherry, grape, strawberry. Very light background cavendish note. Some light chocolate. Tartness only when I taste some of my slobber on the bit. Otherwise none detected.
    Near bowl bottom: stewed fruits, jam, maple and chocolate syrup. Richer tobacco. Much nicer taste. Less artificial.

Strength and Nicotine: Negligible in both departments. Not much there at all.

Smokeability: Very smokeable. Negligible nicotine hit. The am not really a fan of aromatics, this being no exception. But if you like the artificial sweetness of a cherry candy, you’ll like this one.

Room Note: Chocolate, cherry cordials. Maraschino cherries on a sundae with hot fudge. A few lightly noticeable tobacco overtones. Girlfriend pleaser! Burley coming out towards end of the bowl. But still strictly an aromatic. Reminds me of inhaling a Charms cherry lollipop – anyone remember those?

Thoughts: Definitely one that I might break out in front of family or friends that don’t like any other tobacco I smoke. But I don’t think I’d reach for this one on my own just because I need nicotine, dammit. The cherry is non-offensive when smoked, though it is very overwhelming in the tin.

Recommend to: An aromatic smoker or someone concerned primarily with pleasing non-smokers around them. Someone who loves cherry lollipops. An advanced smoker would probably be better off served passing this one over, because it is not satisfying in any department other than room note.

Summary: A relatively pleasant blend that is the closest you’ll get to smoking a cherry candy. This aro isn’t that goopy, which has it going for it. But it is very overwhelming in the artificiality of the flavor. If you love cherry candies, want to please others, and/or are a beginning smoker, go for it by all means. But I think you’ll soon pass it over for more depth of flavor you’ll find in countless other blends.

My Background: I’ve been smoking for nearly three years. Have all types of pipes in all different price ranges, and have tried a lot of tobaccos. My favorites are Vas, VaBurs, VaPers (lots of different flakes) and I also love pressed Englishes (flakes and cakes). Not usually an aromatic smoker at all.

Disclosure: I contacted Sutliff myself a couple weeks ago to ask to be a part of their reviewing team. I was accepted and received six tins of Sutliff Private Stock in the mail. The only condition on this free tobacco was to provide honest reviews to the community, so this is the third of many that I'll be doing as part of the program!

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. 4nogginsmike

4nogginsmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If I want Gummy Bears I'll buy a package at the grocery store;).

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   weezell, craig61a, cshubhra, georged, trouttimes, pepesdad1, acidpox, ssjones, sasquatch, chasingembers, olkofri, ben88, oldgeezersmoker