Tags:   

Review: Sutliff Private Stock Maple Street

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Blend Name: Sutliff Private Stock Maple Street

Tin Description: Quality mixture with flavorful maple and old rum.

Leaf: Burley, Virginia

Appearance: Fine ribbon rut. Pretty uniform mix of medium to light brown tobaccos. Dry and ready to smoke out of the tin.

Tin Aroma: Dried fruit, vague caramel/toffee sweetness. The maple note is in the background. Some vanilla as well, which I’d expect from a Sutliff aromatic. Don’t really detect the rum, though. Maybe there ever so slightly if I look for it a bit.

Taste: The burley is forward with some nutty notes. The sweetness is not very in your face, but rather something that works well with the tobacco. Notice I said “tobacco”? Yes, you can actually taste the tobacco in this one (a little bit of it, at least). It’s not super complex but it’s a nice flavor that’s simple but good. Like waffles with syrup. With a very vanilla forward waffle batter. Where’s the rum, though?

Strength and Nicotine: Mild. Not really there.

Smokeability: It’s nice. Not really complex but also not sickly sweet like some aromatics can be. I’m enjoying the room note a bit. Like I’ve said before and I will continue to say, I’m not an aromatic smoker so this is not my thing. But I think for an aromatic it’s pretty good. I could see myself smoking this once in a while when I needed to have something nice for others around me to smell.

Room Note: Slightly toasty and sweet. Nice aromatic smell to it, like a bit of maple vanilla candy. Very pleasant.

Thoughts: A pretty nice maple vanilla aromatic that has some slight hints of tobacco flavor to round the flavor profile out.

Recommend to: An aromatic smoker and/or a new smoker who wants to try a nice aromatic. Not recommended for those that need a nicotine fix and/or dislike aromatics, though.

Summary: A Sutliff aromatic blend that’s pretty good for what it is. Burley gives is a slight nuttiness that I appreciate, and the room note of maple and pancakes/waffles is very pleasant. I wish it were more complex, but hey, that’s why I don’t usually smoke aromatics.

My Background: I’ve been smoking for about three years. Have all types of pipes in all different price ranges, and have tried a lot of tobaccos. My favorites are Vas, VaBurs, VaPers (lots of different flakes) and I also love pressed Englishes (flakes and cakes).

Disclosure: I contacted Sutliff myself a few weeks ago to ask to be a part of their reviewing team. I was accepted and received six tins of Sutliff Private Stock in the mail. The only condition on this free tobacco was to provide honest reviews to the community, so this is one of many that I'll be doing as part of the program.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. buster

buster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Maple street is apart of my rotation. It's a great quick smoke in a small bowl. The sweetnes is not overpowering and the rum is in the background. Yet you are not at a loss for a tobacco flavor. I like it since it is light on the nicotine. I am a Nic wimp but I know I can smoke a bowl,of this without Any issues. I picked up a tin to try at a local shop. I then ordered 4 tins immediately on a P&C's deal! I liked it that much.

Think slow, act fast.
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   derhammer, dino, chefbenny