Tags:   

Review: Sutliff Private Stock County Cork

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Blend Name: Sutliff Private Stock County Cork

Tin Description: Imported Irish Cream Applied to a Base of Virginia and Burley Tobacco

Leaf: Burley, Virginia

Appearance: Coarse ribbon cut with light to medium colored tobaccos in equal amounts distributed throughout.

Tin Aroma: Nice sweetness to it that immediately signals a sweet aromatic. I get a hint of alcohol-like flavor mixed in with the sweetness, and mixed with the burley it definitely gives the impression of a whiskey.

Taste: Mild and pleasant, on the retrohale it is a pleasant sweetness. A nuttiness comes through as the bowl progresses, probably due to the burley content. I appreciate how it becomes less sweet as the bowl goes on. The creaminess of the tobacco is pretty nice, if a bit thin in the flavor department. It is very straightforward and not overly complex, but it’s a fine smoke for something that’s aromatic.

Strength and Nicotine: Mild, mild, mild. The burley should give it a bit of strength but I don’t really feel them in the strength.

Smokeability: Smokeable, and it can be something that you would be able to smoke all day. But I think personally I would get a little bit bored after a while with the taste because it is so straightforward.

Room Note: Lightly sweet scent that is pleasant and not particularly distinguishable from other aromatics.

Thoughts: A decent aromatic that does not offend but is not particularly interesting. But it does have a pleasant aroma in the room note and a fine taste when smoking, so I could see it being a blend that you’d enjoy on the go or when you are doing something else and not concentrating on just the flavor of the tobacco.

Recommend to: An aromatic smoker, someone who wants to please their guests with the room note, a smoker who wants an inexpensive blend to smoke while out and about.

Summary: A fine aromatic that doesn’t offend or particularly deliver in the flavor department. It is nonoffensive and has a great room note, so I think this could be a favorite for a smoke with company. But don’t expect a ton of variation of flavor or a tobacco that will knock your socks off with complexity, because you will be disappointed.

My Background: I’ve been smoking for about three years. Have all types of pipes in all different price ranges, and have tried a lot of tobaccos. My favorites are Vas, VaBurs, VaPers (lots of different flakes) and I also love pressed Englishes (flakes and cakes).

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. tuold

tuold

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great review and pretty much matches my experiance with the tobacco. I'd say "interesting" in regard to taste isn't always what one looks for in a smoke. Molto Dolce is interesting, but sometimes you just want something simple to enjoy.

The pipe is an instrument of civilization.
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   lloydcole, clickklick, smipe, shayde, brassmonkey, redglow