PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Quite like that show. Started watching it because I was intrigued to see what Pierce Brosnan would be like in it and surprised to find him filling that role well. Also, have some family history connection to the show in that my great uncle was an officer in Pershing's expeditionary force that fought Pancho Villa's raiders in the south of Texas in 1915. George Patton was a fellow officer in the force.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
That illicit river crossing was nuts! Were Lewis guns commercially available at this time? (Neptune certainly didn't seem to be a stranger to that weapon maybe thanks to the Philippine Insurrection.)
I also enjoyed the flashbacks this evening as young Eli gains additional acceptance among the Comanche.
Fnord

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Watched my first episode last night ... quite good !!! Thanks for the tip guys :puffpipe:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I like the show a lot but I struggled at first with the timeline. In 1849 a teenage Eli gets kidnapped by Cheyenne. Flash forward 66 years later to 1915 and a roughly 80 year old Eli is portrayed by 63 year old Pierce Brosnan and is making sweet whoopie with someone from his past and performing commando raids on the Mexicans without breaking a sweat. I hope I age as well as Eli! Or Pierce Brosnan for that matter! But the show is enjoyable. I love the attire, the decorum, the architecture and culture of that time 100 years ago. They did a good job with the production of this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.