Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/

The drill down is faster and easier.
I liked the (much) larger bulk tobacco images of the old site. The new images of tobacco-on-a-plate are too strongly backlit. They need more fill in order to actually see the tobacco well.
This, IMHO, is definitely a slower-to-navigate site now, although the search options are greatly improved. Also, no more Yahoo! shopping cart.

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
Similar to the cigars international site.
I just tried to place an order for over $100.00 on p&c and it would not let me get past the shipping and billing address page. It appears there are some issues that need to be sorted out with the page. Anyone else have this happen to them? I have ordered several times in the past with no issue with the previous website.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
No more discount on ordering multiple tins :(
Much easier to navigate though. Looks nice

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
May be a work in progress. Looked for some tobacco under the maker and it was not there. Did a search, and there it was.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"It's certainly going to take some getting used to."

Yes it will.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes PS:Hmmm just some quick perusin....where the heck are the bulk blending tobaccos?!

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"A retail store at the warehouse."

Oh man! that would be soooo sweet! I'm only 2 miles away! Found the link to blending tobacs by the way;)

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
woodsroad said:

... no more Yahoo! shopping cart.
That's the good news ... yes, there ARE some trade-offs, but this means that P&C is at long last being integrated with the CI computer platform ... and THAT is a good thing ... it's going to speed up the process considerably and should reduce the margin for error ...

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"The Macedonian Oriental is new."

Yes, saw that. Sounds tastey and interesting!

I like both Smyrna and Izmir.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I noticed a few minor errors, but that is to be expected with a new setup. Overall, I like the revamped site.
+1 coalsmoke. The main reason I don't my buy pipes from P&C, is because smokingpipes.com has all the pipe specs.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Gray: some tins still have discounts for buying over 5. But, the deal isn't on some of the products that it used to be.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Hey Dan,

Funny,I just went to P&C and got there from the link in "My favorites" and I connected to the old version of the site. Is that new version not published?

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
There will be a few bugs to work out, but things launched with a minimal amount of problems. As new pipes are added to the website, dimensions and weight will be added. The new system is so much easier for us to work with, that we will be able to make improvements and additions much more quickly. I hope you enjoy the improvements and real-time inventory, and things will only get better from here.
Russ

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Like others have said I'm sure it's a work in progress although it's a new version. I like that the different size tins and bulk are all on the same page of tobacco your viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.