PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradox

Lurker
Jan 24, 2015
this may be an "ecig" but its still a pipe.

ive have recently been introduced to e-cigs. so, being the encourage-able tinkerer that i am, and fueled by inspiration by the internet, i set out to make my own. this was my first attempt and i will apologize for sacrificing a good pipe, it just happened to be the most convenient thing i could stuff a battery into(sometimes random objects get caught in the cross fire). however i picked it up for 5 bucks, so bite me :p

i realise there are some on this site cringing in their seats, but i hope some can look past the "ruined" pipe and see that surgical grade steel, and glass looks sexy as hell with this pipe.
unfortunately with all the anti-smoking laws that people are trying to shove down our throats are not going to end. as a pipe smoker i can say this is very interesting to smoke, if anyone has used an e-cig they know the taste and how it hits, however how its smoked seems to make an interesting difference. this may be the future of pipe smoking if the unspeakable should happen. even a broken pipe can be retrofitted with a little knowhow in wood working and circuitry. all i really did was drill 5 holes, and ream out the bowl, and threads
100_0393-600x449.jpg

100_0387-600x449.jpg

100_0388-600x449.jpg

100_0390-600x449.jpg

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I want to live nowhere where this is the future of our love. I am unable to explain how looking at your Frankenpipe makes me feel. Especially seeing it here.
Awful on many levels.

jtpipe

Lurker
Dec 22, 2014
I tried the e-cig thing once, wasn't a fan. But while out on that venture I saw a e-cig "pipe" it was all metal, and lacked any appeal from the stand point of a pipe smoker. That being said, I am very impressed with what you have done. Its a pretty piece of engineering, and I don't see anything wrong with wanting to bring our passion of smoking pipe inside a place where it is not allowed. Just so long as we keep the tradition alive, when we walk outside the anti-smoking establishment.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
While I certainly applaud your ingenuity I mourn the loss of what looks like a perfectly serviceable smoking pipe. :(

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
What a great find. That should clean up nicely. I hope your resto includes countersunk flat heads.

You could replace that beautiful centerpiece with some sort of led to simulate the cherry.

What nomenclature does it have?

That's pretty cool looking, and I like the use of mismatched screws. It looks very steampunk-ish, or at least what I imagine steampunk to look like. While, I prefer to smoke tobacco, if one was forced to smoke whatever is those things, that would be a stylish way to do it. Just for giggles, I visited our new neighborhood vape store, and I didn't find any of those things to taste anything like tobacco. But, that's just me. For you, whatever makes you happy. kuddos on that there electric pipe.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I started from the top because I wanted to save Bradley's post for last. Brad I think it's admirable how you controlled yourself while commenting on this bionic pipe tool. Forty five years ago I may have thought it was cool, now not so much. :roll:

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
I am sure there are sites where this might be appreciated. I doubt this is one of those sites.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
This is what I´d call a proper steampunk pipe! Not that I would ever venture into the realms of virtual smoking but that thing looks too cool. Great job! :clap:

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I have tried the e-cig's not a fan, nothing beats the real thing. If you want to change the habit then go to a low nicotine tobacco blend or just change your smoking frequency. But ruining a good pipe, personally I cringed when I seen it but it your pipe, your decision.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
There has to be a simpler way to deliver nicotine. Someone has a great imagine, too much time on their hands and an insufficient inventory of screws.
As a man with far too many...The 'screws' comment made me laugh. :clap:

paradox

Lurker
Jan 24, 2015
lol me too, however, buck up, it can always be converted back to a regular pipe, all i have to do is pull the aluminum insert and make a friction fit stem. the only questionable thing would be the screw holes going down the bowl. i posted this on here knowing people would be butt-hurt, and looking back, i regret doing this to this pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.