PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
So I decided to give Sutliff Frosty Mint a try and WOW I about fried my nostrils!!!I fired up my bowl this evening with this tobacco did a retro-hale and it about flooded me with the mint burn..On the plus side it burns well , has a nice thick smoke and Ill be minty fresh.. May not buy it again but Its definitely different!!!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Would that be a RYO cigarette bakkie by any chance? (forgive my ignorance... I just really don't know)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
A long time ago John Middleton had a menthol pipe tobacco called Greenbrier. Horrible stuff.
s-l1000.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
A long time ago John Middleton had a menthol pipe tobacco called Greenbrier.
A friend of mines Dad usually only smoked Krumble Kake and Barking Dog,and tons of it in huge briars. Let him get a cold or the sniffles, out came that terrible shit...

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
haha... This Frosty Mint would definitely clear up your sinuses... Its like Vicks vapor rub lol

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
You need to follow that up with a pinch of Hedges snuff next time. That ought to put some burn in your head!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Let him get the cold or sniffles, out came that terrible shit....LOL too funny. I don't know if I Could bring myself to try a minty tobacco.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
In all my life I could never tolerate menthol cigarettes much less even the the thought of smoking menthol flavored pipe tobacco... YUCK!! One might just as well crunch up some Vicks cough drops and smoke that in your pipe.

Mar 1, 2014
Frosty Mint is quite the experience.

I have to say that chances are 99% of people won't like it, the mid-bowl is a bit on the bitter side and the finish even more so (it's mostly just Burley otherwise), but if you're looking for an adventure in a pipe this will do the trick.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
[/quote but if you're looking for an adventure in a pipe this will do the trick.

That's an understatement : )

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Different strokes for different folks; however, for me personally I would never consider trying a blend that features a minty flavor. I marvel at the excellent reviews this blend gets. I don't care if someone gave me a cheap chinese cob to smoke it from...I just couldn't bring myself to smoke this stuff.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I enjoy a menthol cig every once in a while as a change of pace.
I couldn't see myself buying Frosty Mint, but if I had some around, I'd surely try it. I could see this idea being appealing for someone who is taking up the pipe from menthol cigarettes.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
This review made me laugh
...Do you like Mint?
...Seriously, are you a mint fanatic?
…Do you prefer your mint to feel like it's clubbing you in the face with a large 10 pound candy cane with other smaller candy canes nails through it, then having wintergreen oil poured into the open wounds while inhaling mentholatum through your nostrils as your eyes water? THAT is what you get with Frosty Mint from Altadis. Without all the violence.
sounds horrible.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
When I used to smoke cigarettes I hated menthol ones until I met Parliament Hybrid. It is a regular cigarette with a "play button" on the filter. Once squeezed it will release a liquid and turn the regular cigarette into a menthol one. I was usually smoking it as a regular one and towards the end I was squeezing the button, the menthol taste was clearing the smell from my mouth making it and my breathe smell better. It was one of the best cigarettes I have ever smoked. But I guess, I will never want to smoke a menthol pipe tobacco as I love the flavor of Virginias, Latakias, etc in my mouth.
file_14.gif

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
I've always wondered about the Gawith, Hoggarth, & Co. Kendal Dark Menthol. A shag cut of dark-fired African leaf should pack a nic-punch, but the addition of Menthol is... intriguing.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/gawith-hoggarth/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=198478

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
I personally enjoy Frosty mint, Its not just minty but very sweet. Frosty Mint is most definitely a tobacco that tastes like it smells. The room note is great too.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I started with menthol cigarettes. I was still mostly smoking menthol cigarettes when I started up with the pipe. One aspect I miss about them is my that annual hay fever symptoms were somewhat alleviated by French-inhaling that smooth, creamy mentholated smoke.
Retrohaling Frosty Mint ...
:puffy: - Hmmmm ... I've got a spare cob. Sounds like something to try. *Snif!*

Status
Not open for further replies.