PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
It was 20 years ago today that I walked out of the big car factory up north for the last time,and started the process of moving back to Carolina.I was surprised that I didn't have any special feelings when I left that day.It was pretty much like all the other times over the 30 years that I had done it.Most of the memories that I have of that place aren't that great.Two that are...The friends that I made over the years.I still miss them,and the fact that I could smoke my pipe on the job...If I could add a little side note about retirement here.When they say fixed income they pretty much emphasize the word Fixed,and things cost a lot more now than they did 20 years ago.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Puffy, thanks for sharing your story. I appreciate the sentiment, and your perspective. Congrats on giving someone your 30, but more for taking another 20+ for yourself afterwards!
-- Pat

Dec 24, 2012
Wow, 20 years is a long time to be retired. I bet you have had a ball. I am probably looking at around 10 years before I hang up the cleats. My youngest is 8 and I always joke with my wife that once he hits 18 I am done working.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
puffy, it's an interesting move from working life to retirement. It sounds like you had some good times with

the people at work, even though the daily grind may not have always been a treat. Congratulations on twenty

years, and many happy returns.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Amen, I retired in 2006 and have never looked back. All the old guys are gone now most have passed on.

What's left are nothing but fools. :puffy: 38 years

Status
Not open for further replies.