Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with retired pipe maker Mike Kabik. Mike took most of his pipe design inspiration from the Danes and specialized in Danish-style freehands. He started off by helping build a tobacco shop, worked in sales there, and then took over pipe making when then pipe maker quit, Later, he started his own pipe making shop and created the Danish-sounding brand, Sven-Lar. In the Pipe Parts segment, Brian profile two famous people in history that were pipe smokers, but not really known as such.
Mike_Kabik.jpg

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Kabik is a great guy. Sometimes, when I put one of his pipes up on eBay for sale, he will email me and give me some history behind the pipe. His knowledge base of pipe making and pipe makers of that time period has given me a great appreciation of not only his work, but the dedication that Michael and his fellow craftsmen had. No wonder those old pipes smoke so well, and even today, are highly sought after by many collectors.

aggman

Lurker
Aug 21, 2014
I'm catching up on old episodes and thoroughly enjoyed the Kabik interview. I rescued one of his gems from a junktique store a couple of years ago. It smokes as good as it looks.
12380FB7-1CF6-46A3-9F5F-FDA7C3BBB872_zpsyzx6353b.jpg
[/url][/img]
78501EDC-FB7A-46A2-9F5E-97649F015B9D_zpsnlnfmpsf.jpg
[/url][/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.