PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Question. Why would a major online retailer carry every blend, even in multiple tin sizes, from a blender except one particular blend?
Whenever I place an order I like to fill in the order with one of my favorite blends but this retailer has never stocked it. So I end up going to another retailer whenever I want this particular blend. I do not understand the business decision for it.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There are some instances like the H&H line is a P&C line. They let other places stock some of their blends, like SmokingPipes for instance, but not all of the blends. Some blends are exclusive to P&C to keep people shopping there. I believe the same is done by SmokingPipes with C&D blends as well as GL Pease blends for the same reason.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
One reason would be, as above notes, it is not available for him from his supplier. Another could be that he doesn't see a profit in having it on his shelves. Have you asked them? Could be an oversight on the retailer's part. My response is purely speculation as I have no personal knowledge. If it is a well run shop my guess is economics.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Either that or the person responsible for purchasing smoked it and decided against purchasing it. You could tell them that you place x orders a year and would appreciate it if they stocked a similar number of tins of the stuff.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
There are some instances like the H&H line is a P&C line. They let other places stock some of their blends, like SmokingPipes for instance, but not all of the blends. Some blends are exclusive to P&C to keep people shopping there. I believe the same is done by SmokingPipes with C&D blends as well as GL Pease blends for the same reason.
Just for the record, not that I think anything negative was intended, Smokingpipes.com doesn't do this with C&D and GLP blends. We do have the Low Country line, which is exclusive to Smokingpipes.com, but that was true back when C&D was independent (pre-dating the two being the same company by a good eight years). If you see a C&D or GLP blend that Smokingpipes.com carries that another retailer does not, it's because either, a) the other retailer chooses not to carry it, or b) it's something C&D doesn't make anymore (or make that size of anymore) and Smokingpipes.com happens to have a few tins left (though I can't think of a present example of this, there were a few odd-ball things a year ago we had a handful left of).

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I'm dumbfounded that P&C doesn't carry Presbyterian and Peterson's Balkan Delight when everyone else does. My dollars for those have gone elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.