PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Here are four pipes I received from captainsousie (thank you so much again its a blast restoring them!) I forgot to take before pictures like a fool.

Here are two I'm almost finished with. I still have to finish scrubbing the inside. I did however complete my first realigning a stem so it was straight. Took a few tries I was so worried I would break a stem or shank. I ordered some obsidian oil a while back for restoring pipes. After a oxyclean bath I scrubbed them down with a magic eraser. Then took them to the buffing wheel with a bit of tripoli, then carnauba wax on the bowl.

Can't wait to start the next two and figure out where to get some black super glue to try and patch the mouth pieces. I have read how folks done it, but looks like its not that hard to do. Where would I buy some black super glue other than on the net? I didn't see any in hardware at Walmart.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Looking good! I got my black CA glue here-- http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Glues,_adhesives/Stewart-MacDonald_Super_Glues/Super_Glue.html

Status
Not open for further replies.