PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Last week I visited a restaurant in NJ that we are converting to a Roy Rogers. There were a number of tables and the owner was junking most of them. I drug this one home with an eye for updating my pipe restoration area. Currently, I'm sharing space on my auto workbench. It's a bit dark and the debris from my buffer just ends up on the lower shelf area.
I put this up against the only window in the garage for some ambient light. This area was formerly my motorcycle storage, but they're long gone and the space was wasted. I still need to hang at least one light fixture over the table. The white cabinet above it housed my motorcycle great (helmet, gloves, etc.) but has now been converted to restoration supply storage. My winter smoking area is directly opposite the table. A buddy gave me one of those upright, propane patio heaters. I'm hoping it will work in this area (10' ceiling).
The stainless top should be easier to maintain and it is slightly higher, which helps my back.
I still need to mount a power supply station.
Old
img_20130819_214914_894.jpg

New

Mar 30, 2014
wv
That's one sweet set up. I like that table and you can't beat the price. I see pipes aren't the only thing you can put a mean shine on. The ole MG is looking pretty good too.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Nice Al! Looks like you have enough room to slide that motor"buffer" back some an get that duel arbor fox buffer. The 1 with the three belts from sears for your birthday. HUM!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, I'm a sucker for repurposing items. (the formica worktop on the garage side bench came from a neighbors yard sale).
I have looked several times at this Shop Fox system, which would run off my current motor. But, changing pads only takes a few seconds, so I've held off.
$_57.JPG

The car is a '79 MGB, with a paint job that looks good at 20', but I hope to hold off a repaint for several more years.
1932596_990318347650827_8763709836518654849_o.jpg

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Great find' nothing like a clean and organized shop! Also like the car, we are buying a new house and has a separate 900 sq ft garage so I will have a proper shop and look forward to having a project car again. I would not mind a mgt roadster. They caught my eye when I was younger and saw one on the movie Funny farm. Classically cool.and you don't see one very often either.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Super Nice workshop. I envy you I don't have any room in my garage with my boat and all that goes with it.
Jon :puffpipe: :puffy:

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Super Nice workshop. I envy you I don't have any room in my garage with my boat and all that goes with it.
Jon :puffpipe: :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I got tired of having that plastic drawer cabinet sitting on top of the work bench. I couldn't open the cheesy drawers with one hand (it moved) and I had to remove it to clean off the work-top. It took some searching, but I found some reasonable priced metal slide drawers that bolted to the bottom. They hold all of the items in the plastic box, with room to spare. Drilling the stainless table took some doing (flipped upside down, drilled with two pilot bits, then a step bit) but the supports bolted on neatly. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.