Restaining Project Gone to Dogs (pic heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Thanks to member input I was able to revive this sad and neglected little Medico bent billiard from an estate lot I picked up this summer. To my surprise, she's a great smoker and has made it into my regular rotation. Perfect for knocking around the back yard with the latest addition to our family... a mini English Bulldog pup :D
9DPhGvr.jpg

just a couple of fills!
wvkGh2B.jpg

Mixed a couple of colours to come up with a chestnut stain that shows a little grain without calling attention to the 765 fills on this little honey
9oFWurq.jpg

7GBOn0Y.jpg

5iTPAPD.jpg

Bonus pic of new pup "Rosie-Frances" with our daughter
t2CVLx3.jpg

Thanks again for the advice guys, much appreciated. This forum rocks!
(hopefully corrected photo sizing issue in edit)

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Great job on the restore, just one piece of constructive criticism try to shrink you picture a little I had to zoom out of my screen to see the whole thing, but other than that you did a great job.

~Ron

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Yes you did, Thanks for fixing that it's much easier to see and I hope she smokes well for you. Also your new puppy is adorable.

~Ron

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
My blood sugar shot up 400 points just looking at that last pic. So much sweetness in that girl and pup.
Oh and here's a "Pro" tip. Throw away the rags that have any stain on them. Do not toss them in the laundry or your wife (or whoever does the laundry) will wash them with the bathroom throw rugs and dye EVERYTHING in the washing machine inadvertently.
Yeah...

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
:rofl: totally something I would do! Also discovered that using latex gloves makes cleaning up after using the Fiebings leather dye a lot easier. After this project my fingers looked like I was a lifelong chain smoker of Pall Mall deadends!!!!

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
Ceci n'est pas une pipe?? It looks like the painting! Good job rocky. 3 girls? I feel your pain, man. I have 4! Way too much estrogen...

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Rocky
You dd a nice job on the pipe but your crowning achievement is that little girl you have
Reminds me of mine although she is 28 now
Enjoy the pipe and your family

Status
Not open for further replies.