PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
No he wasn't a pipe smoker or he might have been, he was a 68 homeless Marine Vet, Purple Heart reciepent who died just before Christmas. The call was put out, and they came and came. The furneal was taken care by an anynomus person, a soldiers furneal. I think of my service, We Never Leave Anyone behind. Makes me think better of this hard world. :crying:

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Though not as experienced in years as you Old Cajun, I am old enough to remember how poorly those returning from Vietnam were treated. We as a country have gotten better but we still have room for improvement on how our veterans are treated and cared for throughout their lives. God bless all that have and will serve their country and citizens.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Well I was called some very bad names, only thing that saved that person it was a she. Was redeemed when son with the Old Timers jumped in the 50 yr anniversary of invasion of Europe. Watched on tv his stick jump, landed, formed up and marched in town , they threw flowers, ran and kissed them, my heart broke like a Dam, I cried like a baby, I finally felt thru my son redemption.Sorry for maudlin ramblings .

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes the loss of a person who didn't "succeed" in any of the usual ways reminds us that people are not the arbiters of worth, and that indeed often the unsung have qualities and value that we all can appreciate, even when it takes their passing to awaken this awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.