PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I started smoking pipe some years ago back when I was living in Spain. For some reason I dont recall, I stopped a little before moving to the US. I went back home last week and rescued some pipes I used to smoke back then.
First is this ENA bulldog that I got in a local store in Seville. The stem had to be replaced cause I broke it when trying to clean it. The pipe went flying away and a friend that was with me still laughs at the face I put.
IMG_5575_zps0d4dbccf.jpg

Second one belonged to my Grandpa. My Grandma gave it to me when I started smoking. This is a bruyere garantie. The stem was broken ( I swear I did not brake this one )so I got it replaced. It smokes well and has a great sentimental value since it is the only thing I keep from my Grandpa. However, it takes long time to clean so I smoked it rarely.
IMG_5576_zps8e86ee7a.jpg

The third one, I got in some smoke shop in Madrid. It is a Prince Albert. Not sure if it is good or bad. Has a pretty grain but the stem imitates a plip sort of thing and that makes the draw... different.
IMG_5580_zpsdbf72716.jpg

I tried to come by some penzance or Stoneheaven while in Spain without any luck. I did got the little blue capstan flake. Still have not tried it.
D
Side note. I took this pics and wrote the story smoking Dunhill Flake in my beautiful Jirsa while listening to the 5th Pipes Magazine radio show. As you guys can see in the screen. Nice web, nice people, nice show.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Nice looking pipes! My grandpa smoked pipes too (I distinctly remember getting yelled at as a child for playing with them, apparently my mom thought they were "dirty"). I would trade anything in my collection to have just one of his drugstore pipes. No telling what happened to any of them. Treasure that one!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Very cool ! I'm in the same boat with Garyovich. My grandfather smoked pipes for years, but they all have disappeared :crying: What I would give for one of them, or even to know one was still around somewhere.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for sharing dnietosi. I have one of my Grandfather's pipes and it's gone from my toy shelves when I was a kid, to my comic book shelves when I was older, and now to my liqueur cabinet with the rest of my pipes now that I'm a pipe smoker.
I can't decide if I want to restore it and smoke it or keep it as is. I know he'd tell me to quit being a dummkopf and smoke the stupid thing.
Very cool you were able to go back and get some memories.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Awesome. Thanks for the pics. That one from grandpa is sure to be treasured for a lifetime.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Im lucky enough to have a couple from my grandfather and a couple from my fa ther in law. I dont smoke them but theyre great to have

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
All three are nice but I agree that the one from your grandfather is the most special and always will be. I have precious few items from my father and grandfather and I'd not trade them for anything.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
SpainNoName.jpg

Thanks for the photos. This is a No Name I purchased in Mallorca, Spain back in 1970. It's my first pipe and is still a favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.