PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Wife wanted to hit the antique/collectible shops in Bay St. Louis. I found two to add to the collection. Don't know if I will smoke the Bavarian looking pipe with the windscreen, but the Kaywoodie is a 2 digit Stembiter that is in really good condition. Looks like it was barely smoked.

I passed on a pipe that was labeled Irish Bogwood because even at 50% off, it was out of my price range.

That shop also had 6 or 7 Edwards pipes that were stamped Algerian Briar. Don't know the brand so I did buy one. They were all in restorable condition.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Took the Kaywoodie apart to start the cleaning process. These photos are before I started.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Went back and bought two of the Edwards a 713-M and a 845. Also picked up a WDC Milano Hesson Guard Pat. 18550

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Bavarian looks like more of a decorative pipe, but it might smoke well. The bog pipe -- don't think I would have bought that one either. pappy', we've just been praising Edwards/Benton pipes on a different thread, so it looks like you made a good pick. Nice Kaywoodie, interesting shape between a billiard and an apple.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The Bavarian was smoked. I ran a pipe cleaner through the top stem and it came out brown. The same for the bowl, wiped it with a tissue and it came out black. The middle piece looks like some type of plastic and looks like it has never been smoked though. I confess I bought it more to be a shelf-sitter than a smoker.
I have three other pipes that I bought just as display pieces.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I also just grabbed a WDC Milano Hesson Guard Pat. 1855800 (I may be off on that number)

Status
Not open for further replies.