PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
In 1986, my wife gave me a Peterson Dublin Churchwarden as a birthday gift. It was my first Peterson pipe, my first Churchwarden, and it became a treasured old friend. Besides being regularly smoked, mostly McClelland Tastemaster, it was the first pipe in which I had tried Frog Morton on the Bayou. Quite a few fond memories were attached to the pipe.

Lisa passed away in 1991. I would smoke it and remember times we spent together.

I lost that pipe during the move back to New Orleans after living 13 years in North Texas, in 2005.

A few weeks ago, I won an older production Peterson Churchwarden at auction, from a seller in Glascow, Scotland. It arrived today.

393d7851edd71e7cf85b1eb666c445f1_zps8c8d374a.jpg

Taking it out of the package was like being reunited with a lost child for me. Coincidently, I found the pipe and bid on it right after Lisa's birthday.

A few years ago, I had bought a new production Pete Churchwarden, but it wasn't close to the one I lost. This pipe from Scotland could have been it's twin.

Once I clean it up, I plan on smoking some 12 year old Frog Morton on the Bayou that I have been saving for a special occasion.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. Wishing you many more memories with your new warden and that special 12 year old tin.
All the best mate.
-- Pat

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
rigmedic - what a great story. Sorry for your loss, but very happy you found a replacement. That pipe is beautiful and if ask me, was meant to be in your hands.

scottishjohn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
Wonderful story my friend. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Just when I thought "the world sucks" you have given me hope.

Smoke it with love in your heart, and happy rememberences.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Rig, what a beautiful tribute to your wife. I'm sorry for the loss of both your wife and pipe, but glad you could find a replacement for the pipe. Other things just can't be replaced. God Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.