PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
So, I received my new Darwin from Cup O' Joes, it's beautiful! BUT, the collar is crooked! I can see that the thing just wasn't quite seated right (there's a small gap between the metal and the wood on the inside edge of the fitting. I'm not keen to send the pipe off and not seen it again for a few months, and honestly everything else seems perfect except for that issue. Any ideas?

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I have to agree with herbinedave. While it's a small issue it would bother me every time I picked up the pipe; especially if I spent that much money on it. It bothered you enough to post about it...just something to think about.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Yup, you're right guys. I called Amy at Cup O' Joes and they're shipping a new one and I'm sending back this one.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
If you were to attempt this say on an estate. you would want to heat the band so the glue gets soft and then pull or push the band till its in the correct seating. But I say return that pipe. It should not have gotten past the quality inspection before Cup O' Joes got it.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Sounds like the Peterson I recieved, I took the stem off, which the band deeply gouged halfway up the stem and the friction caused the band to nearly hit the cealing. I sent that sucker back too. I'm not a fan of metal bands anymore since I have had 3/4 of such pipes returned for them not being cut or placed correctly.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Don't like Metal Bands. Prefer bluegrass. Got to send stuff like this back sos they know we are a watchin.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
+1 Herbinedave/ I am beginning to see that this forum has potential clout, whether retailers, etailers, or producers realize it or not. They should. We are not a bunch of pissy disgruntlers, far from it. But we are discriminating and call a spade a spade. One new thread can travel fast among us, reaching quite a bunch of pipers. I expect quality for even a 50$ purchase and don"t even get that excited when the merchant makes the problem good. I do not enjoy that whole process. I bought an Irish Whiskey Pete (Low end, I think), and the stupid ring wasn"t even attached to the pipe. Quality control. Does it exist? If I see an etailers name pop up frequently with problems, ( McQueen Pipes}, I write them off.

adam12

May 16, 2011
I sort of expected this to be about Bobbi Fleckman, your hostess with the mostest, complaining to Ian about the cover to "Smell the Glove"

Status
Not open for further replies.