PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Picked up a tin of this after reading the review on another forum. Comes in a 3.5 ounce can and is one long flake rolled up. Tin note is grass with a hint of fruit. The moisture level was perfect for me to load with just a little rubbing out. Lights very well with only one relight needed. Taste is amazing. Wheat grass with some sweetness and citrus notes. The perique is just noticeable as a bit of spice and keeps the smoking experience interesting. The burley adds a solid backbone to the smoke. I definitely will be buying more of this for the cellar. Added plus the wife likes the room note!

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Yes this one belongs on the top shelf. Reminds me of Marlin Flake a bit.

luciano-0116-600x448.jpg

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I heard about this on the Country squire Radio a few weeks ago and my curiosity has been peeked ever since.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not only is it very good fresh, but it ages remarkably well. I recently had a seven year old sample and thought it was incredible. Makes me want to open one of the two 2003 tins I have. One of these days, I will.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I was talking about LGF with another smoker, and I mentioned that the tin note was licorice. He said "I thought it was oranges." So I ran back to my tin and stuck my nose in - sure enough, orange. I went back to him and said "You're right, it's oranges." His reply "Oh, funny, I smell licorice now."

Status
Not open for further replies.