crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
reincarnation_zps366bced5.jpg

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
I think that's a beautiful painting. I believe that we reincarnate until we've learned and experienced all we need to then we go on to our rewards. In between we take stock and rest up for the next round.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Reincarnation is much more logical than the one-life/heaven or hell philosophy.

Each life is a learning experience. When we die we go to the afterlife, which is called the Bardo in Buddhism. It is similar to heaven or hell or in between, but is temporary. Then we are born again into the next life. We evolve gradually as we learn the lessons in each life, so we will be human again in the next one. Lower forms of life evolve over many litetimes into higher ones. Finally, when all the lessons have been learned, we no longer need a physical body, so we can move on permanently.

I have witnessed many past life regressions under hypnosis, and observed that our past lives influence this life. A child who can play the violin at age four may have been a musician in a past life. A person who has a passion for a certain foreign country or culture may have been there last time around.

The only proof I know of is hypnotic regression and anecdotal evidence over thousands of years by practitioners of meditation and eastern philosophy.

It explains why children are born geniuses or with illnesses or have short lives. This is because of karma from a previous life. They may have done something last time or need to learn a certain lesson this time.

It also helps us to understand that nothing is permanent, even death. We live again.

The Bible was changed and christianity was adjusted to remove reference to reincarnation, by the council of Nicea in 500 AD. The church wanted to hold power over its members. We are all born again, many times. Many other religions accept reincarnation as fact. :puffy:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Reincarnation may very well be a reality, at least in some respect. But another possible explanation for the many documented cases of past life memory is the idea that the brain does not generate consciousness, but rather functions as a sort of filter/modulator of consciousness...with the "signals" actually coming through the DNA coding. So it could be that some people are picking up and decoding past signals that were on the same or similar frequency as their own.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
The church wanted to hold power over its members
That's what Ayn Rand thougt too, after coming over from communist Russia. I think she was mistaken.
Reincarnation is much more logical than the one-life/heaven or hell philosophy.
I will just say, to believe reincarnation and all of that you have more faith than I do.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Many other religions accept reincarnation as fact.
Well then SOLD!!!! I also note that this is on the internet and therefore beyond question. :wink:
EDIT: Added my edit to this original post. Well, I hope only this original post. Anyway, an interesting topic Teddy, but I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to...oh...pretty much everything.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
The Bible was changed and christianity was adjusted to remove reference to reincarnation, by the council of Nicea in 500 AD."
Please site your reference(s).
Did the council of Nicea also add this verse?:
And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment...

(Heb 9:27)

...and now back to our regular scheduled program...

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Wow, WHAT HAPPENED?!!? I tried to back up my cursor while typing the above post(s) and the site locked up and went all ape sh#$ on me and then double posted my response. Huh, maybe there is something to this karma thing after all!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Wonderful piece of artwork
Not going to comment on anything religious. It could get ugly just as fast as politics.
Play nice gents.
P.S. That guy in the painting sure loves his skirts huh? :rofl:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends …
I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time and what do you get at the end of it? Death! I mean, what’s that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards: You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you move to an old age home. You get kicked out when you’re too young, you get a gold watch and then you go to work. You work forty years until you’re young enough to enjoy your retirement. You have fun, you party plenty, and then you get ready for senior high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities. Then you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating … and you finish off as an orgasm. -George Carlin.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
What do I think?
Reincarnation is just a big pile of steamy male bovine poo... :wink:
You die. The end.

Dec 24, 2012
I want to come back as a pipe-smoking mouse living in Harris's massive tobacco cellar. He will never know where his stash is going until it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.