PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Anyone here have experience with Regina Scarlatta pipes? I am thinking of buying one. Did any of you stop by their table in Chicago?

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I have a beautiful little R.S. cutty that is an excellent smoker plus it has a steel insert in the small shank to prevent breakage of it. One of my favorite pipes.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I stopped by their table in Chicago. I thought their pipes looked great. They had a lot of pipes with nice grain and high contrast stains. I've never smoked one before, but they certainly looked quite nice.

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
They are awesome. One of our forum sponsors: Lepipe.it has a few cool ones on their site at good prices... plus you can get 10% off if it is your first time buying.

Pipes2smoke and the briary are the only two North American dealers I am aware of... (Cupojoes might have a couple)?

Pipes2smoke has a gorgeous billiard blast right now.

Personally, I prefer the blasts because I think he does some of the best I have seen.
I messaged Christian? I think that's his name... anyway, he will only sell through the North American distributors I mentioned above. He won't sell through facebook or private message.

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I have a smooth bent bulldog. I got it from pips2smoke. It is a great pipe. Drilled perfectly, very well constructed and smokes great. It is in my regular weekly rotation.
image5-600x450.jpg

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Darwin - Does the steel tube interfere when passing a pipe cleaner through it? Does it cause the shank to get hot (metal DOES conduct heat, after all)? The one I am looking at also has a steel tube.
Tim

Does the steel tube interfere when passing a pipe cleaner through it?

No, not at all. They are made the same way that Eltang uses stainless drafts.
Does it cause the shank to get hot (metal DOES conduct heat, after all)?

No, not at all. My stems never get hot. You'll find that many, many of the best pipe makers have been using stainless for a while now. Especially in the pencil thin shanks and bamboo. It is tested, tried, and true.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
dcrguns - That is one gorgeous pipe!
Michael - The one I am stalking is also a Pencil Shank, though not a Dublin.

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
"Darwin - Does the steel tube interfere when passing a pipe cleaner through it? Does it cause the shank to get hot (metal DOES conduct heat, after all)? The one I am looking at also has a steel tube."
No to all of the above, zero downside, wished everyone used this shank technique. In fact the pipe I have doesn't really get very hot at all despite being a thin walled cutty.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Okay, I pulled the trigger. Here's the one I went with. I think it's beautiful! I just hope it smokes as well as it looks! I'll post more photos when it gets home.
http://www.cupojoes.com/regina-scarlatta-pencil-canted-smooth-pipe/

Status
Not open for further replies.