PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I had a KBB Yello-Bole Chesterfield in my pipe collection already and I had been on the lookout for another. I didn't need another but I liked my first one so damn much that I was hoping to find another. They had been showing up from time-to-time on the Bay and each time I lost out.
I really like these pipes a lot. I love the shape, the briar, the age (these were produced from the 1930s to 1950s) and the depth. I can fit my thumb past the first joint into them. They're great for a long smoke and the pipe just feels right while holding it.
My first Chesterfield was my first real briar and still my favorite of my collection. I'd never let it go. Unfortunately it suffered from an acute case of broken stem early on thanks to a fall. I had it replaced with a fishtail stem that really was an improvement. The original stem had the Yello-Bole yellow circle stamp logo, this other one has the white propeller.
Anyways, here's the newest addition with some before and afters as well as the two Chesterfields together.
Right Before

before01-600x450.jpg

Right After

img_2265-600x450.jpg

Left Before

before2-600x450.jpg

Left After

img_2266-450x600.jpg

Both of my Chesterfields

img_2267-600x450.jpg

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Its too early on a Sunday morning for me; I read the captions on the first two pics as "Right before" and "Right after" and all I could thing was "right before/after what?" Very nice pipes both though. Happy smoking!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@meatball, yeah, I can see how that was confusing. Right-side/Left-side would've been a bit more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.