PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
It is midnight, our refrigerator just broke which is not a good thing, actually it is a very bad thing. I am stressed and frustrated. So, I decided to grab the Mr. Brog pipe that came in the mail today, a nice No. 47 billiard, and go out to the back patio (which is freshly cleaned up) listen to the frogs and smoke some nice tobacco. I was going to wait to smoke this pipe until my new tobacco came, Frog Morton (I have decided to expand beyond Lane aromatics and OTC burleys), but decided that a little PA would not ruin the pipe for a more english type blend.
Actually, life is not perfect, but it far from horrible.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
By the way, I have purchased three Mr. Brog pipes in the last month; hopefully, I will get around to writing a bit of a review in the next week or so.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I hear you. My father's day surprise this morning was my Dryer broke. An old old Maytag. Now I've got a pile of wet clothes. Time to string up a laundry line out back. Jeeze - Dryers cost more than an artisan pipe!!!!!!!!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My sympathies.
Five years ago I replaced the range top, oven, refrigerator, washer, dryer and dishwasher. I was ready to file bankruptcy. This winter we replace the dishwasher, again and the toilet. Our first washer and dryer lasted 23 years. Nothing lasts like it use to.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Tbradsim1, I think you are correct. Turning up the freezer and putting in a frozen jug of water is going to allow us to limp along until my wife gets paid, so not to bad, or at least it could be worse.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Thanks jn. Now my backdeck looks like when I was growing up. With laundry lines, and clothes fluttering in the breeze. Had to run around to a few stores. Clerks hadn't even heard of clothes pins. Found em eventually in an old mom and pops hardware store. Bag was covered in dust.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
So where would I put the fan? Do I have to find the fan that is not working? How do I power it? I love the suggestion, just looking for a bit more info. By the way, is there a way to use some duct tape? I always feel better when I can use duct tape.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Sorry about your troubles JN and Kashmir. Hope the issues can be resolved at minimal expense guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.