PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
My wife had told my father-in-law once, when she was a teen, coming in to see them holding hands in their easy chairs, watching TV: You guys are boring.
He said back to her, "I hope someday you find someone to be this boring with. That's a father's wish for his daughter."
I'm sitting here smoking Molto Dolce in a Duke, since I don't have much time. It's her favorite tobacco. Smells like chocolate cake freshly frosting'd while still hot, oozing with carmel and nuts.
She's picking up something for us to eat. It was that or go out, and we're both two tired to waste time in a restaurant, waiting to be served, waiting to place an order, waiting for our food, waiting to pay the bill.
We're anxious to be boring.
When she comes home, we'll fix up plates of whatever she picked up, probably salads with roast chicken on top. We'll pour drinks of spiced rum and diet coke, too strong. And we'll eat in our easy chairs watching a Netflix series.
As plates empty, her hand will reach for mine, and I'll probably fall asleep in my chair, drink only half drunk. She push me because I'm snoring. I'll protest when she turns off the episode in the middle, saying I'm not sleeping. Let's finish it. But she'll wag her head.
Then I'll crawl into my bed next to her and it will be a contest who goes to sleep first.
I wish all of you, even the younger fellas here, the same blessed, boring life.
It's perfect contentment, the happiest I've been ever. I'm pretty sure.
Good night.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Yep. This year will be our 25th anniversary. It seems like yesterday! It's really nice to have that long to get to know someone and adapt to each other.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Lucky man, and long may it continue. We're going on 36 years, and my youngest son says we're kinda cute, the way we hold hands all the time.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
married 44 years.. 2 kids long gone from the house. tonight a couple of rum and cokes. her on one end of our lay-z-boy couch with a cat sound asleep on her lap, me on the other end with a cat asleep on my lap. between us our 70# gsp is sound asleep.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
When I met the young lady who would later become my wife.The first thing I noticed was that I liked being with her.We used to joke about what life would be like when we were old.Then it seemed like that was an eternity away.Now 52 years later we're there and I still like being with her.

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
That's awesome! A perfect night. My wife and I have been with each other for 11yrs, married for 4. No kids yet because we wanted our time together before all of our time goes to raising kids. It's weird to people when they see us and ask us "newlyweds?" and we tell them how long we've been with each other. They tell us we act like we're still in out honeymoon stage lol, even our family members have told us that. It's a blessing. And I'm very happy to hear that you and your wife can make the craziness of life disappear while you're with each other. I don't believe there is anything better on earth than that... well, maybe a pipe and scotch. :P

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Ho hum.
(Whoops! That wouldn't carry it's usual boring signification in this thread!).
Puffy, wow -- 52 years! Congratulations, you two!
And is holding hands just cute at these advanced years? Naw, it's security. I don't dare look down through these bifocals, so it's her or a seeing eye dog.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Counting down till she gets home. Fifteen more minutes of Seattle Club Plum Pudding in an Savinelli 320KS -- one of the few tobaccos I like to smoke in such a big chamber.
Fourteen minutes...

Aug 14, 2012
Our 10th anniversary is tomorrow. It sure isn't boring. Sometimes I wish it were. I married someone 30 years younger.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I married someone 30 years younger
I'm renaming you Foggy-Dawg! :)
My Uncle Fred got married at the young age of 90 to a 68 year old woman.

At the reception those two were cuttin' a rug! That was a fun wedding.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
22 years. Tomorrow she and the daughter will leave for a week, helping at a camp. My son and I will be bachlors. Yippee!?!? Frozen burritos for a week??? I miss her already.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
LOL!
You'll make it. Bachelorhood is like a bike. Once you've let it set outside for 22 years, it's still there, waiting for you. Might not ride well at first. But....
(This analogy is going nowhere. Hurry home, Mrs. Winton!!!)

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
After 20 years the wife and I still hold hands .We love one another for who we are as we walk through life as a pair misfit toys .

Status
Not open for further replies.