PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
I got 2 pipes that I may want to sell but I'm unsure of their price value. I did some research and I have no idea about the Refbjerg except that he got a nice reputation and that the pipe is handmade.It got a really big bowl and burns really cool. I think I have a better idea about the Royal Danish but if I'm asking anyways. Any experienced piper got some insight on those? Here's a couple of pictures.
IMG_0611_zpsbhkg0o7n.jpg

IMG_0614_zpsn6sbwhja.jpg

IMG_0612_zps3cqokpxf.jpg
IMG_0613_zpslv5hw4su.jpg

IMG_0616_zps0cfvbmnq.jpg

IMG_0618_zps41wcqxst.jpg

IMG_0620_zpsrf4oloww.jpg

IMG_0622_zpsbnyicjuv.jpg

Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Refbjerg is a pipe maker with a wonderful reputation. While I don't know what the pipe is valued at I'm sure it is of some value. Royal Danish was a sub-brand of Stanwell. I'm just guessing but a value of $50.00 seems fair fr a pipe made in Denmark.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Forty to Sixty bucks at most. There's no market for not well known name pipes of little or very limited history.
Jon :puffpipe:

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Nice Refbjerg. Check the Danish pipe shop, they have some estate Refbjergs so you can get an idea of what they might go for.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I am smoking a Royal Danish 992 right now. I assume it is a second brand, somewhat, only for the cosmetic reasons which caused it to be blasted/rusticated. This is a great smoker that in good condition for which I can readily see the valuations mentioned above.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
For some reason I can't see the pics, but anything by Soren Refbjerg is going to be good. I brought my rusticated apple by him from the Danish Pipe Shop for about €130 (I think).
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.