PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I have been drawn to the Chimney/Stack shape as of late. What type of tobacco would go best with this shape? I do believe that some blends do smoke better in certain shapes. I do not remember seeing anything about this shape. :?:

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Chasingembers has my approach. Build a blend of different styles that mix well. If aros, build it like you where building a dessert (fruit, vanilla, liquor) If your building an non aro, build some sweet notes, smoke notes, and some spicey perique notes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Interesting burleys and variants, like Tobac Manil Semois, do nicely in a tall bowl. You don't need the wide bowl as you would with a blend of five or six tobaccos, but you get the depth of the single leaf so it comes on like a blend. Good!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I normally like tall bowls for flakes such as a poker.

As for stacking tobaccos I've never tried it, and more likely never will as it's just too much of an effort for me. If I have to go to the trouble of mixing one tobacco with another so that the combination tastes good then neither of them are worth smoking in the first place, but then again I'm lazy S.O.B. :wink:

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I just want to say thanks for all your input. I think that my next pipe will be a Chimney.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A tall deep bowl at modest investment can be had with a Missouri Meerschaum freehand or General, etc. You'll get that same stack bowl at a lower cost.

P

pipebuddy

A Parfait stack of tobaccos? Now that's a thought...
I would definitively go with some semois, though. It does really well in big or tall bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.