PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I know the tariffs on tobacco and associated products are very high when coming from the US. Any Canadian run sites that you good folks would recommend?
Thank you.

scott306

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
I have only dealt with pipesandcigars.com . They have done very well for me. As long as you keep your order under 200 grams the gov dont need to know. What they dont know wont hurt you. lol

Thanks and happy smoking! :puffy:

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
As long as you keep your order under 200 grams the gov dont need to know. What they dont know wont hurt you. lol
The import laws in Canada in regards to tobacco do limit you to 200g AND less than $20.00 CAD total declaired value before tariffs are imposed. Important to know the monitary value as well, if you spend $21 on 199g of leaf, you can expect to get the full 300% tariff imposed on the total amount (and any provincial taxes imposed). Any amounts equal to or above 1kg (2.2045lbs)will be seized by CBSA without a tobacco import license. These same regulations apply when returning to Canada from another country, in which you have resided for a period of more than 48 hours.

That said, 4noggins gets the majority of my business, however, smokingpipes.com and pipesandcigars.com are also very good to deal with; and for briar, you can't go wrong with Briar Blues, located in the (occasionally) sunny Fraser Valley (Vancouver, B.C. area).
Also, you should keep in mind that it is not only illegal to mail tobacco from one province to another; but also for Canada Post to actually carry tobacco products originating in Canada, destined to a Canadian address (even in the same province). I can't say for sure if exceptions are made to this for licensed vendors, perhaps someone more experienced than I can weight in here...

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Yeah I live in Nova Scotia and I find Canadian tobacco laws very counter productive. It is easier and cheaper for me to feed the US economy and buy pipes and tobacco 200g at a time from smokingpipes or cupojoes than it is to buy them from my own province. So I feed my mother county's economy and buy everything online from the States.

Status
Not open for further replies.