PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I'm wondering if any of you could recommend a day bag for pipes and tobacco? I'm looking for something for $50.00 or less that could carry 5-10 bowls of tobacco, two pipes and a pipe tool and cleaners. Thanks in advance for your replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Um... http://www.4noggins.com/Peterson2PIPELEATHERCOMBINATIONPOUCH-1-1.aspx :D
I have something similar manufactured by Vauen. Mine is a little bigger, with a removable tobacco pouch, and two internal zippered compartments for cleaners, tools, etc. I bought mine for $60 at my B&M.
Good luck in your search, and let us know what you end up picking up.
-- Pat

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I love mine, but it's a no-name bag I picked up from an eBay store, I believe. It was significantly less than $50. It's faux leather, of course, but it's a zippered bag that holds five pipes, has a separate, removable tobacco pouch, and pockets for tamper, matches, lighter, cleaners, etc. In addition, it has two outer pockets; one zippered and one that closes with magnetic clasps.
I've had this for maybe five years, and it's been a great companion.
Bob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a beautiful leather Savenelli pipe case that is designed to accommodate two churchwardens

and the necessary pipe cleaners, matches, pipe tool(s), and will also take an extra pipe (or two) if

needed. However, such a nice case announces there are prizes within, so for many purposes, a good

old nylon toilet kit made in China and sold at Walmart does the job nicely for travel and day trip.

It holds three pipes, two ample bags of tobacco, pipe cleaners, matches, and pipe tool(s). You can

always put the briars in pipe socks if you fear their getting scratched. The toilet kit has a zipper

side pocket that can hold the small items. The Savenelli kit was a gift, but is about $60, and the

nylon toilet kit is about $6 or $8.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
My current combination is a Maxpedition Fatty pocket organizer ($25-30) plus a tobacco pouch - I've got a Jobey zippered model ($12) and a MacBaren rollup with snaps ($15) that I switch out as desired.
4a6f0327-fbfd-464e-8bfe-c5eda91ddf66_zpsf1cda80c.jpg

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I have a Chinese vinyl copy of the Jobey 3-pipe bag, it cost me under $15 on the bay. In my opinion vinyl is more durable, which is my main criterion. I prefer to use my zip-up pouch in it rather than the roll-up+snap pouch that came with.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
This is what I use. VISM First Responder Utility bag. Lots of pockets and holds a lot.

http://www.vism.com/products-shooters-gear/range-bags-and-pistol-cases.html#

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I had been looking for one myself for a while. I finally found one I liked and bought it with a smokingpipes.com gift card my dad gave me for Christmas.
Mine's a Peterson Avoca leather four pipe pipe bag. It cost around $55.
It has a flap that is held in place my magnetized buttons. When you flip it open there is a pocket on each side, one holds a little more than the other. Right now I store some pipe cleaners, about an ounce and a half of tobacco in a ziplock bag, and one of my lighters. The other pocket has my cigar cutter.
It has a zipper with the Peterson P on it. It zips in half. One side has the sleeves for four pipes which it actually fits rather comfortably provided you're not loading four huge freehands. The other side has a small tobacco pouch that can hold about an ounce of tobacco. There's a spot for a tamper in the middle.
I love the bag. It carries exactly what I need it to and it looks nice. It's nicely constructed and I'm expecting it to last me many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.