Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Recommendations.

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

salsa45

Login to Send PM

So my first pipe was Churchwarden, and from what here the smoke comes out cooler that a shorter would. I recently bought a inexpensive Meershaum pipe at my local B&M. Any secret to smoking a Meerschaum or a shorter pipes. Is there anu surprises I should now of. Im looking to try a new tobacco. I started smoking Nightcap from Dunhill. I have enjoyed it but would like to try some other English blends. Any suggestions. Thanks

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. austinxpipe

austinxpipe

Login to Send PM

Among many great companies and products you will find from many helpful people here, I would personally recommend checking out Cornell and Diehl's English blends. They are relatively inexpensive when bought in bulk, and there offerings are, at least to me, very beginner friendly. Their website explains how their tobaccos taste, what categories they are, etc. As a relatively new pipe smoker myself I've been able to wrap my brain around the hobby better partially because I'm familiar with some of their products.

I like to smoke pipes
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The smoke isn't that much cooler that in a normal pipe if smoked properly. The goal for every pipe is to smoke slow and cool. This applies to all pipes no matter the material.

Currently the English blend that is near the top of my list is H&H - Blackhouse.

G.L.Pease - Jackknife Plug is also incredible.

Welcome to the forums.

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. slowwideturns

slowwideturns

Login to Send PM

Welcome, i would recommend the original frog morton and mcclelland blue mountain

j.k. livin'... the j's for just the k's for keep
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the group.
    Not sure if you are looking for a very full latakia blend, along the lines of Nightcap, or something that's more of an "all day" lat blend. Things like Blackhouse and Blue Mountian I would consider fuller blends.
    On the "all day" list I would suggest SG Squadron Leader or Peterson Old Dublin. I am also quite fond of H&H Larry's Blend.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Salsa, I'd also recommend H&H Black House, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, as well as a few C&D blends: Good Morning, Exhausted Rooster and Sunday Picnic. Sunday Picnic is a bit different than the ubiquitous mild English, but IMO, delicious.

Good luck to you -- and let us know what you try!

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

FK Balkan Supreme. With meerschaums, don't drop them, handle with somewhat clean hands and don't poke a hole in the pipe with a cleaning tool. Some people get carried away, such as "I only smoke my meer with white gloves on and a full moon." Just smoke it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

salsa45

Login to Send PM

thank for the recommendations. i guess i will have to narrow it down to a few.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I think C&D used to let you choose from their blends and then send out small samples for a modest price. Not sure, but certainly worth looking into IMO.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

salsa45

Login to Send PM

thanks for the heads up will look into it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

pauljmjr

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum. I would agree with the suggestions for H&H's Larry's Blend.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Frog & Larry's

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   gigger48, warren, beefeater33, danielplainview, bloys, buckaroo, papajoe, deleon, forest7, daimyo, lucky695, elpfeife, jiminks, fnord, wyfbane, sdcowboy, trailboss, torque