PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I'm new and had only one tobacco, Montego Bay was on the label, I enjoyed it. I'd like to try something else, something with more flavour but also aromatic.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Jul 12, 2011
A few would be SG Bracken Flake, SG Kendal Cream Flake, Peterson UF, C&D Autumn Evening & H&H Classic Burley Kake
To each smoker...some blends one might love, others might not...I think I have gone through hundreds of blends in the last year to find my pipe-smoke'in mojo. I would also suggest sampler-packs of English, Aros, Vs :puffy:

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Buy sampler packs from any of the online etailers. that should get you started on your way. Have fun with it, and don't become too obsessive about any one thing until you tried it all. There is far to much tobacco in this world to just love one. Monogamy is for marriage, not tobacco.

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
At pipesandcigars.com they have a whole section for samplers and there is quite a few aro samplers in there, might be a good place to start.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Is there a list somewhere that reads, "if you like this (fill in the blank) try that (fill in the blank"...?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
PM me. I am mailing stuff out tomorrow after a very nasty previous week. I will shoot out some samples of Mc Baren's 7 seas Gold, regular and Royal to you.

bilder

Lurker
Aug 26, 2011
Some good and popular aromatics are:
Lane 1Q

Boswell's Berry Cobbler or Christmas Cookie

C&D Apricot's and Cream or Berry Good

Captain Black
For a non-aromatic starter I would suggest:
Orlik Golden Sliced

Stokelby Bullseye Flake

Carter Hall
There are hundreds out there to try. That is part of the fun of pipe smoking- you never will run out of tobacco's to try as there is always a new blend being introduced to the market as well as the blends that have been around for hundreds of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.