PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

matches

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2015
Dunedin, NZ
I'm looking for someone who is a good tester for an old dunhill. I've seen lots of nice examples of restoration on the site but must seem to do it themselves. Any recommendations on good restorers who I can send a pipe to? Good experiences? Established names?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Depends on the level of restoration you're looking for. If it's a difficult restoration and you're looking for the best, George Dibos, without any reservation. George is a member here, Georged. Also Tim West at J H Lowe is another top level restorer. After them, Mike Myers is excellent for repair and restoration. It just depends on the level of difficulty and level of finish you're looking for.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
There's another guy who's name escapes me. I've seen him pop up on videos of pipe shows sitting at tables along with a sidekick who is a pipe maker. I think they're out of Texas. Well known.

I hope this helps. D'OH! I can't remember either guy's name, but they sure enjoy pipes and tobacco.

Damn, this will bug me all day now.

Ok, I found it. I don't need a brain, I have a computer connected to the internet, processed with windows and used google. It just requires me to remember search terms or that there is such a thing as a 'search'.

The gent's name is Ric Farrah @ Briarville Tobacco Pipe Repair and Restoration.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Walker Briar Works. hands down for a job like that, for average or general work on ebay pipes I use Stem and Briar
http://www.stemandbriar.com/home

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
As Sablebrush52 said, George Dibos is the best I know of. The man is amazing in my book. If you want it done right with no worries and it to look supurb the first time, George is the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.