PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I have never sent out a pipe to be restored or repaired. I have always done my own restoring with results I am happy with and I (until now) have never needed a pipe repaired. After months of searching I found a Savinelli Goliath pipe that was in a shape that I like at a price I could afford. Well, the pipe came in and it must have been the previous owners favorite pipe because it was just awful with build up and the pipe was completely plugged. I worked the plug out then did a salt and alcohol treatment only to wake up the next morning to find a crack in the bowl had developed. I have not touched the pipe since.
The bowl is huge and the crack has not gone far down, and I am wanting to find someone who can top the bowl, put a bevel on the inside of the bowl, stain it to match and finish restoring the pipe. I am not sure who to use. Any suggestions?

dutch65

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2012
These guys are well established in the pipe community, and highly recommended.....
http://walkerpiperepair.com/

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Floyd Norwood at Norwood's Pipe Repair. Excellent work, very reasonable prices and fast turn-around. he's done several pipes for ma and they came back looking like new.
http://www.norwoodspiperepair.com/index.html

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can recommend with confidence the pipe carver and repairman Jerry Perry. He does beautiful artisan pipes

that he sells at the N.C. State Fair and the TAPS Pipe Show (coming up April 13, 2013). Over the years since

2002, I have bought four of his pipes, all winners. Get in touch with him at jerryperry@earthlink.net, or

336 996-3084. He's in Colfax, N.C. He's been at the fair for about fifteen years and is a senior pipe repairman.

Also, check out his web site www.perryspipesandrepair.com.

Jul 15, 2011
While all of the suggestions listed are reputable, I will probably never recommend anyone other than Floyd Norwood. His prices are the best of anyone that I have ever seen and his turn around time is lightning fast. To give you an idea how fast Floyd is, I sent two pipes to him that I dropped in the mail Wednesday morning. I got a call this morning at 11:54 from Floyd saying that my pipes were already done and ready to be paid for and shipped out. Absolutely incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.