PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I was one of the ones on the forum who expressed concern with the issues Pipes&Cigars.com experienced following their recent move. I got a nice note from Russ, as I'm sure some others did. I decided to take advantage of the sale last month on Dunhill tins. I placed my order on Friday evening before Memorial Day, May 24th. My order was processed on the next business day, May 28th and I received an email saying so. I received my order in Panama City, Florida on Friday May 31st. Because of the size of my order the shipping was free. That's four business days folks. I don't think it can be done any better than that! I am pleased to know that I can order my favorite H&H blends with confidence! Thanks Russ and everyone at Pipes&Cigars!

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
P&C always gets my business first as long as they have what I'm looking for in stock. I've had numerous transactions with them and never a single problem. Glad to hear you had a good experience as well.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
OTOH, I placed my order on May 17th. Still nothing. :(

...but I understand, so I won't gripe. Besides, where else can you find a Russ Ouellette?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I had trouble the past month with some orders, but I placed an order last week, arrived very quickly - no complaints!

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
My last order was with P&C. The shipping was fast, everything was in stock, and the prices were great. I even enjoyed the free box of branded matches they included. They should think about selling those because they are the perfect size for lighting a pipe and the matches they do sell are super long and difficult to carry.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I had placed many orders before the transition. I love Classic Burley Kake! Never any issues. I became hesitant to order when I started seeing the issues others were reporting here. When I saw that they had re-stocked most of their Dunhill tins it gave me confidence to go ahead and order. For me, it was smooth as silk just like pre-transition. I think they turned a corner towards the end of May. Now to look and see what's on sale this month.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks, everyone. Frankly, for a while, it pained me to look at the forums. I know our people have been woeking feverishly to straighten things out. We're not 100% yet, but we're getting there, and I can tell you that when everything is completed, the plan is to have 90 days inventory on our regular stock items. Our people are getting accustomed to the new products, and the issues are decreasing daily. Your faith and continued business has been greatly appreciated, and our volume is great. The best is yet to come!
Russ

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I recently ordered nine tins of St. James Flake from them. It arrived quickly but was three tins short due to the backorder. Not that big a deal but it would have been nice to know that before it shipped. I would have replaced the tins on BO with something else. My complaint was with the packaging. Those air pillows were flat so the tins are dented and two lost their seal.
I wrote them an email and literally within minutes a fella named Sean responded and offered to take the tins back. Right, like that will happen with St. James Flake :worship:. He went ahead and replaced my back order with some Escudo and pipe cleaners. Not to worried about it except the shipping part and that is not P&C's fault since everything is being shipped from PA. I was surprised because I have ordered a lot over the years from CI and never had an issue.
Anyway, glad to hear things are improving, its just a matter of time before they are fully operational.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Just got my order today - 4 days start to finish. Not one mistake. Since this is my first order with P&C, I'm impressed. Thanks to all involved, I know the move has been hard.

blade

Lurker
Jan 25, 2010
Unfortunately, I had a problem with my McClelland order. Along with my McClelland tins, I ordered 24 oz. of PS Luxury Twist Flake. I know that 24 oz. comes in a box and their site states: "A full (unopened) box is 24oz. on this product." Instead, I received a 24 oz. BAG of PS Luxury NAVY Flake and the bag was marked being Luxury Twist Flake. I called and spoke with Sean and he almost made it sound like they knew about it, it was weird.
My problems with this was: Why no box when you state that it comes in a box and what if I didn't know what LTF looks/smells like. It was like they were trying to pull a fast one on some unknowing person.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Blade,
The people who put away the initial stock of bulk tobacco weren't familiar with how people prefer to buy LTF, LNF and LBF, so they opened all the boxes and put the tobacco into bins for easier access. They've been instructed that, in future shipments, they are to put a samller amount into the bins (for smaller orders) and that they should leave the majority in their boxes as most people want to buy it that way. It's just a matter of folks getting used to how our customers prefer their product. When I found out what had been done, I went back to the warehouse and instructed our staff. Unfortunately, we couldn't put the tobacco back in the boxes, so when the next order comes in, they'll know better.
Russ

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I want to express my gratitude to Russ. For me, you are the 'face' of P&C. You are a stand up guy who follows up on what you say you'll do, a man of integrity. This is the reason I give P&C my business.
Thank you, Russ.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I agree with mirain. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but even when I cancelled my order I never got an inquiry as to why they we're losing my business. I didn't need anyone kissing my rear but I was just surprised it didn't seem to matter.
Russ. I really appreciate you stepping up the plate on this (and other unrelated questions) and it's why I will use P&C in the future.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Russ, as I stated in the other thread I ordered some SG chocolate flake in bulk and Sean told me that you guys were having problems getting certain bulks in. He was more than helpfull sending out some tins of chocolate flake to me to help fullfill my order. I have always had good service, so thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.