Tags:  No tags yet. 

recipes for blending

(6 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by backwoodsjack
  • Latest reply from backwoodsjack
  1. backwoodsjack

backwoodsjack

Login to Send PM

Is there a thread archived where tasty recipes of homemade blends are posted?

Just curious.

Joe

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. stvalentine

stvalentine

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

See my post:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/your-own-strange-mixtures-toaster-leavins

"Ride it like you stole it!"

The Old Swede
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. backwoodsjack

backwoodsjack

Login to Send PM

stvalentine

Thanks man.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I call my concoctions mixes because I don't use stoving, pressure, aging or any other process. I just toss different tobaccos together in a bowl. My favorite basic mix is equal parts quality Virginia and burley, with a healthy pinch of Cavendish. A little Latakia and/or Perique can be added to taste. I don't mix more than a few pipe bowls at a time.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. andrew

Andy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Try this for a really nice pound to age: 10 ounces of 5100 Red Cake, 4 ounces of this Stoved VA, and 2 ounces of McLelland's Blending Perique. If you like a stronger VaPer, by all means, add an ounce or more, and subtract it from the 5100. But, leaving the four ounces of 5105 is a key. Obviously, stoving hastens the sugar development, and yields real aging benefits. I have pounds of this aging at present, in varying strengths of Perique. I recently broke the seal on one of my Mason jars and went through a jar of the above blend that was merely 13 months old, and found it to be marvelous already. In a year or two, it'll be special, I believe. Will it be the next Escudo? Nah... but it will be a far more economical everyday

This is from a Tobacco review for McC's 5105 stoved Va. It sounds good, maybe throw in some burley or some latakia.

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. backwoodsjack

backwoodsjack

Login to Send PM

I have heard of many a home blender using 5100 as a VA base.

will give her a try.

Thanks

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cshubhra, jaytex969, jiminks, tuold, paulfg, catyrpelius, sasquatch, sumusfumus, georged, agnosticpipe, cortezattic, pitchfork, malicev, railman