PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
So i just recieved my new Icarus from Iwan Ries today. I have been eyeing this one for awhile now. Loaded her up with some Red Virginia (from Epicure's in Springfield, Il). She smokes wonderfully. Very light as well. BTW, any idea on the shape? Cheers! :puffy:

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
And yet vaguely Rhodesiany at the same time...unique shape and very stylish. I especially like the wire-carved finish. Enjoy!

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I'd call that shape an acorn/strawberry. Looks like a great flake pipe to travel with, very nice.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Yeah, it is a very odd shape. The inner bowl is slanted forward, not sure why. Maybe to accommodate a bigger bowl into a smaller piece of briar. Passed a fluffy cleaner like nobody's business! And has a very open draw. Excellent little pipe, IMO. The walls of the bowl did get a bit warm, but being that it was the first smoke, it was almost a certainty. Thanks guys, shes a keeper :D

P

pipebuddy

It seems to be an Acorn. It's tiny and looks pretty good.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I'm glad you're liking it! I have been really enjoying my straight apple. It has become my burley flake pipe. Can't quite fit a full flake of Solani Aged Burley Flake in it, which is ideal for me, as I'm a nicotine lightweight! The stem and finish work pale only to my Alden and even outshine my Castello. I may have stumbled upon a particularly Nice One however.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice pipe. Looks like one of their strawberries to me. I've been eyeing an Icarus strawberry and a Neptune long strawberry for awhile now. Enjoy. :puffy:

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks everyone! Lit her up again today, with a flake this time, wow is there a difference. This is a definite Flake pipe! :puffy:

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Welcome to the Icarus brotherhood! They are a fantastic pipe for the money. A little more expensive than low end Peterson's but you don't have to worry about engineering or quality issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.