PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I have received the estate Savinelli Punto Oro I ordered from Ebay. Had my first couple of smokes in it today. It really smokes great. I can't detect any fills or any type of flaw. The bit is really thin and I like that a lot. Very comfortable. I tried out my first taste of Dan's Blue Note in it also. I can see this pipe becoming my favorite. I especially like the fact that it is a sitter. Someone here said they thought the stem on this pipe might be a replacement, possibly from Dunhill, but I read somewhere that Savinelli had used the metal dot on Punto Oro's. I don't really know but the stem fits perfectly and has just the right mouth feel for me. The pipe was cleaned nicely. I think I got lucky with my Ebay purchase which is always a gamble.

The Blue Note was very tasty for me. Just the right amount of nicotine and not to strongly flavored for me. Could become an all day smoke.

Here are a couple more of the pics from Ebay.

Savenelli.jpg

Savinelli2.jpg

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Thanks for the comments everyone. Yes, this pipe to me epitomizes the classic pipe. It is very light weight and I personally love the retro look of it. I'm very much into "retro". The pipe reminds me of my childhood doctor and friend of my fathers who smoked pipes. He is most likely my inspiration for picking up the hobby. He was an old school doctor and a gentleman. I do have a new favorite. At least until I succumb to a new fit of PAD!

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
A classic beauty that will last a lifetime. A great addition to your rotation.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Since "Punto Oro" translates pretty much as "Gold Dot" I think it shouldn't be too surprising to find that on the stem. In fact, all the PO pipes I've seen have had that, and I would think that a Punto missing the dot would be the one with the replacement stem.
Nice pipes imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.