PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnar

Lurker
Apr 17, 2014
I'm pretty new to pipe tobacco and have found that I am GREATLY enjoying Dunhill 965. Can anyone reccomend what they consider a MUST TRY English blend? I'm making a list of tobacco's to explore. Thanks and cheers!

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Got to be dunhills nightcap. Pretty quintessential really. I also think Punchbowle is another sadly too often overlooked 'English' blend, try that too.

ragnar

Lurker
Apr 17, 2014
Excellent. I haven't tried either of those yet but will certainly add them to my list. I hear Nightcap is about as potent as English tobacco's come and its definately drawn my interest. Thanks for the reccomendations.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I like G. L. Pease Westminster, Peterson Old Dublin, and Stokkebye Proper English. For a milder English I like Stokkebye Luxury English (aka English Luxury) and Cornell and Diehl Mild English. So many good English blends to try. Sounds like I need to pick up some Dunhill Nightcap!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
English blends?

Seattle Pipe Club's - Mississippi River: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3066/seattle-pipe-club-mississippi-river
This is truly a lovely, complex, smoke and is available in bulk.
What about Balkan's?

Samuel Gawith's - Balkan Flake: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2070/samuel-gawith-balkan-flake
Mac Baren's - HH Vintage Syrian: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2680/mac-baren-hh-vintage-syrian
-- Pat

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
+1 Samuel Gawith's - Balkan Flake

+1 Mac Baren's - HH Vintage Syrian

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I won't repeat some of the other favorites that have already been mentioned. But I'll add Esoterica's Margate, Rattray's 3 Noggins, GLPease's Ashbury, Butera's Latakia No. 1, McClelland's Yenidje Highlander, and Dan Tobacco's Gordon Pym and London Blend #1000.
Bob

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Dunhills EMP should be on your list as well as Nightcap. The SG English and Balkan blends are all, must try tobaccos. Hell, try them all, it's what I'm trying to do.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
You should be happy with Gaslight apatim. Now when I go back and try my old favorites like Old Dublin or Mac Baren Plumcake I find them lacking. Gaslight is my favorite GL Pease by far.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nat Sherman #536. This is a lovely refined but robust English. I discovered it by visiting the Nat Sherman

store with the big clock over the door in Manhattan, but now you can buy the blend by the tin from

smokingpipes.com. For a mild, inexpensive but tasty English blend, I think Altadis Fox and Hound is

really nice. I second other choices: Nightcap and Sutliff's Westminster, and of course 965. I have not

yet opened Frog Morton Original and GL Pease Westminster, but I'm looking forward to those.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Another vote for Nightcap and Westminster. Between those and 965, I don't need much else. Maybe Star of the East and Squadron Leader.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I am a big fan of PS Proper English, and Balkan Supreme, as well as Dunhill EMP, SG Squadron Leader, and just enjoyed Peretti's Royal last night. You could spend MONTHS trying English blends, enjoy the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.