PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Had a visit with the evil scientist today (Doctor) and she informed me, that pipe smoking has an increased incidence of oral, throat, larynx, gum and nasal cancer. I told her I use to smoke a pack of cigs a day and now only smoke 4 bowls a day on average. She said less was better but the way pipe smokers hold the smoke in their mouths causes the increase. I guess I am just gonna have to start inhaling more to lessen the odds :nana:

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Lets not pretend there hasn't been dangers linked with using tobacco products. Some are more susceptible to the affects of tobacco use than others. I believe lots of it is genetic makeup on how much impact it has on your body. You here stories of people that smoke their entire life, and never have an issue. On the flip side, you also hear stories of others that never touched tobacco, and died of 3 kinds of cancer. Dr. have an obligation to state the facts to you about this.
I used to smoke cigarettes, and still(very seldomly though)miss it on occasion. However, every time I see older people wheeling those little oxygen bottles around, it reminds me how much better I am without cigs.
I enjoy smoking pipe tobacco. I like the process, I really enjoy the flavor of what's available. I know there are risks, but I go into this with open eyes. I only smoke about 2 -3 bowls a day, and I've added an additional visit to my dentist every year just to keep on the look out for anything abnormal. Not to mention I want to keep the teeth closer to the whiter side of the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.