PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think it was more than a year ago I won the cartoon caption contest at pipesmagazine sponsored by smokingpipes.com, and I'm again enjoying the prize pipe, a rusticated Savenelli Venere apple with a tapered stem, so I thought I'd mention it. I'm not adept a photos, but I attach a link to a similar pipe from SP. They don't have an apple on the page right now, but this is a similar billiard. What a great pipe, plenty of bowl, snappy finish with a gold-tone band, light in weight, and drilled just right. It took me about two years to finally write a caption that hit the mark, but it was a fun brain teaser to come up with something, even the ones that weren't too funny, just to match the cartoon with a caption. It's worth a try, and if you don't hit at first, keep trying, I would say from my experience. My winner seemed a little wordy when I submitted it, but it captured a lot of the visual, maybe. I received the great pipe and a Sav t-shirt I wear regularly. Here's the link to the Venere pipe on SP.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=164438

Status
Not open for further replies.