Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I have great neighbors. We get on each other all the time. It’s been about a week and I didn’t hear from one of them, Dan, so yesterday I called him.
Me. “Why haven’t you called me?”
Dan. “I’ve been real busy.”
Me. “You never talk to me anymore.”
Dan. “Honestly, between my daughters games, and work, back and forth to the Mall. I had no time.”
Me. “Those are excuses.
Dan. “No honestly.”
Me. “You seem different.”
Dan. “I’m just tired. Really.”
Me. “Have you found another neighbor?”
Now I love the holiday season. I’m like a kid again. But…I stopped putting lights around the house about 30 years ago. I’m the only house in the development of 110 homes that doesn’t light up the outside of his home. My neighbors are always busting me about that.
I keep telling them that I want to keep my tradition of not having lights.
About 11 pm last night I hear noise outside my front door. I looked out the window, and Dan, and 2 other pain in the ass neighbors, are just finishing decorating my house with lights.
I opened the door and Dan says.
“This is for busting my chops on the phone earlier. It’s called payback.”
Honestly, I’m not a Scrooge.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Frank! :clap: Just back from the bank, worked in barn this morning, in my Overalls, muck boots, waiting in a two fer line one line an old man ( older than me) had rolls of pennies, dimes, whatever, his line was gonna be long, my line a young lady was chatting with teller, then another worker came and oil looked like it was a reunion, wait,wait,wait. Finally I say Hey if you all don't cease and desist I won't have money to buy Christmas. The looks I got would of frozen Frosty. Got my money though.. :laughat:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
What you should do now is leave the lights up all year long...and on every night.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
"This is for busting my chops on the phone earlier. It’s called payback.”
Love it! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.