PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
That no one else bid on this Stefano Santambrogio beauty. I don't think it even had watchers. I set the alarm for 2am for a snipe, knowing there must be similar pipe stalkers lurking, but no, it was just me, all alone...

It arrived yesterday, wow, what a piece of work, I love it and picked it up for a very reasonable price.
3a84c054-792b-415c-9d4b-db899fff4be0_zpsjf6wuf0k.jpg

Number 13 had just run it's course through a second relist when #10 arrived, was so pleased with that one I had to contact the seller Piperetails out of Italy and grab 13 as well.
131_zps7t13tfxs.jpg

Welcome to the Forum! Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Those pipes have a lot of style with a creative eye behind them. I especially like the bent brandy. Enjoy!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I like the top one more than the bottom but they're both very beautiful esthetically. That said they are short, stocky pipes with large chambers and I prefer longer, lighter pipes with small chambers so I would have not bid on them either.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
It's ungentlemanly to allow an online service to do ones dirty work. If I'm going to snipe an item I've got to be there in the heat of the battle, even if..uhh...it is only me.
Thanks for the well wishes all, glad you didn't bid on them :D

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You're welcome. And not bidding at 2 a.m. was easy for me.
They look very well made, perhaps an odd observation from just a photo. How much do they weigh?

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
jpmcwjr, They are ~62 grams/2.19oz. 5.12"/5.5"(10). Bowl is slightly deeper but narrower than a Peterson De Luxe 9S, about the same volume in a pipe weighing 15 grams less and approximately 1.5" shorter.
R0018397_zpsvzdycnfq.jpg

R0018392_zpsxsj4tfsi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.