PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Just found this, and bought one. Thought you guys might like to know. It is a Beachwood pipe, but still about a $30 pipe, $5 czech tool, and 2oz of 1q, for $10 plus $5 shipping.

Woot Deal

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Well, I figured why not. The price is right. Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the deal and some other tobaccos. I'll report back when it arrives. Anyone got any experience with a beechwood pipe. All mine are briars, but wishing for a meershaum.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Anyone have any feedback on Beechwood pipes in general? I've never tried one, but have seen some like em, some don't.

-PM

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I think I may do this. The tobacco alone just about evens it out. Can't go wrong with the price.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
You get what you pay for.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I think it's a pretty darn good deal. Even if the pipe isn't all that good, another "beater" pipe at only $15.00 for when you're fishing or working outdoors can't be beat.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Don't buy it folks, I learned from some of the comments on the deal that you will get multiple forms of cancer and likely die. Is it really worth it just to save a few bucks?!?!
:wink:

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
:rofl: i read those comments to. why do those people feel the need to post comments about smoking dangers when people are just interested in the product itself. One individual mentioned how he wanted to get into pipe smoking because of the smell and he thought it looked cool. Only later in the comments he was discouraged because someone mentioned the possible awful side affects to it. we gotta go sometime folks, why not be happy while doing it?

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Beach wood is note as porus as briar is and won't absorb as much fluids as briar, with that being said unless your one of the snootier pipe smokers you probably won't notice much of a difference. I have smoked a beach wood and a pear wood pipe and found them both enjoyable. Of course I also kind my meers and cobs and briars to be enjoyable I think I just like smoking :p also thanks for the heads up! I need a new tool and was about to order some 1Q so this is two birds with one stone! :)

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I received the pipe and 1Q sample from Cigars International. The pipe is very small and looks to be very poorly made. I expected as much. It doesn't even qualify for a beater pipe. I just put in my pipe rack unsmoked. Wouldn't even give it away to a newby. He would most likely get a terrible smoke and turn away from the hobby. I will say that I am enjoying the 1Q sample very much and will more than likely order more to rotate with my Black House and Black Duck for a change of pace tobacco.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Got mine as well, and agree that the pipe is not the best quality, but from what I can see it is mostly cosmetic problems. Poor fit of the nickle collar seems to be the most obvious flaw. But I am giving it a chance, and after a couple smokes, have to say that it doesn't smoke bad at all. Thought it would smoke hotter than it does, but it hasn't gotten too hot to handle, so that is good.

Overall with the 1Q and the good quality (thick metal) Czech tool, I still think its a good deal.

-PM

Status
Not open for further replies.