PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I'm ready for the snow and cold here in NY. Beans & Greens soup. Ended up making 16 quarts.
vO1F938.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
MmmmMmmmm....that sure looks good! I'd say you're good to go if the big storm hits. :puffy:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have a week of vacation. I have off, but the rest of the family still has work, school etc. Soup sounds like a lot of fun to cook, along with the bread machine.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
What are you doing making soup? I just made 5 batches of Cavendish tobacco!... it's the important things in life that matter.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I just started working on my broth for ham bean soup. Nothing quite like homemade soup on a snowy day.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
At times like these its good to be in the south. Mild misting of snow on the ground here in Augusta. Ga this AM. 1/2 inch on cars and none sticking on the roads. :puffy:

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
I hope you're not snowed in long enough to need that much [8O]
When I cook I always make enough to freeze so I have it for a few months.
Should the storm cause your electricity fail, then at least you will enjoy plenty of natural gas!
:laughat:
Be good with some cornbread too!
Awesome!!
What are you doing making soup? I just made 5 batches of Cavendish tobacco!... it's the important things in life that matter.
I like that idea.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Looking good, Frank. We make Beans and Greens as well, but more like a thick stew. We toss Italian sausage in it too, no bacon though.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Looking good, Frank. We make Beans and Greens as well, but more like a thick stew. We toss Italian sausage in it too, no bacon though.
Thanks. I made 35 lbs of Italian sausage last spring. I thought I had more in the freezer. Gave some away, ate lots, thought I had another package. So that's why the bacon!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Big ice event here in central N.C. My wife is in assisted care after big orthopedic surgery, but we encourage each other by phone. She left me some great frozen chili. Neither of us being from the Southwest, we allow some beans with our ground meat. Nice tomato and a dash of fire. No natural gas, any more than any other food, remarkably. Just the ticket. Your soup looks terrific! We're getting a dusting of snow today. Had some blink-outs but so far the power has stayed mostly on. Not even the beginnings of temperatures for melting until tomorrow. With a steep well-iced driveway, I'm look for a slow break-out.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
My wife is in assisted care after big orthopedic surgery,
Mso, I love your comments in this forum. Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she has a fast recovery!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks, indianafrank. Enjoy your posts as well! My wife has a really complicated situation over time, a hip replacement with staph infections, but if anyone can meet the challenge, she can. She's a sturdy farm girl from deep rural Missouri (way northeast) who spent her career in Manhattan and Long Island. We still go and do and have good times despite all.

Status
Not open for further replies.